For the easy deb chroot, did you reboot your NIT? if so, then ask for help in that part of the forum, pretty sure they can help you there. It might take a while to load, so give it time.
vgba - mininova.org will be your best bet to find roms, I think it's legal if you live in some parts of Europe, don't really want to go to the legality issue.

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Phonelink works for dialing & sending sms via bluetooth.
It cans also detects when the phone rings or receive an sms and let you pick up the phone or reply to the sms.
it works IF your phone is supoported by the gnokii lib.
There is a page on the wiki that shows the phone that works or don't.
once installed you have to configure the connection through the control panel apple called gnokii-gconf
Phonelink can also get your phone numbers from the built-in contact database or the GPE contact database (if you have installed it) for this you have to install ContactInfos.
I've sent all my contacts via bluetooth, which is great.
I still don't know how to sync the phones together.
Phonelink just shows a dial pad, send, and a delete button.. o_O
How are you supposed to link it? LOL

When I run the gnokii-gconf, nothing works.
My phones BT MAC address is already there, the button to the right doesn't work; it spouts : "Fonction not yet implemented: You'll have to get the Phone BT MAC address yourself!"
My phone model is the Sony Ericcsson W580i, the "Identify Phone" button doesn't do anything, it just lags up my device, then doesn't respond because it prompts me to close it.
WTF is rfcomm? Lol, sorry, yeah, I'm a "noob".
What does the .GnokiiRC file mean? Where can you load it?

Originally Posted by superstar View Post
For the easy deb chroot, did you reboot your NIT? if so, then ask for help in that part of the forum, pretty sure they can help you there. It might take a while to load, so give it time.
vgba - mininova.org will be your best bet to find roms, I think it's legal if you live in some parts of Europe, don't really want to go to the legality issue.
I did reboot, but nothing happened; on the link I went to had great instructions, meaning, I never saw the "Congratulations!" message, so I think I didn't have it fully installed.