Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Anyone look at Application Manager yet? All my repositories from before the update are still configured, but there's a LOT of apps missing when I refresh and browse all. Not sure if there's a problem with the repos or if something's changed about App manager.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by namtastic View Post
Anyone look at Application Manager yet? All my repositories from before the update are still configured, but there's a LOT of apps missing when I refresh and browse all. Not sure if there's a problem with the repos or if something's changed about App manager.
Same here; I had to re-enable "Extras". It was disabled after the update.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
oh duh

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Chicago, IL USA
N810 WiMAX updated seamlessly with the upgrade to OS and Maps App.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Some background. It'll work properly with the next update.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Indeed, "Extras" has been disabled! Update went fine here (N800) with power plugged in. Thanks Nokia for this little Christmas gift. I'm still unwrapping it

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Still have the N800 bug where the internet call application will not automatically launch when camera is popped out and the image is upside down when camera is flipped.
Remove the Camera application

Originally Posted by grog View Post
Well when I got home my N800 was ready & eager to update & all went smooth. My N810 still does not 'see' the update
Originally Posted by BatPenguin View Post
My N810 doesn't see it either. I've been trying to refresh the updates many times since seeing this thread. Is this "normal" or is there something blocking the update? Any ideas?
Did you try troubleshooting?

Originally Posted by stevem View Post
I did have a problem with the update as it halted partway through with an error.
Assuming you want to see the issue diagnosed and fixed next time around, please make note of the exact error message.

On rebooting I had the speed contacts applet displayed, but the wireless would not see any connections.
Then there was an issue during configuration and icd2 was left unconfigured. I couldn't say exactly why without more information from you.

I had to reflash in the end to fix the problem, so not especially pleased - I would have thought any sensible upgrade process would roll itself back to the pre-update state if it failed halfway through, so as to leave things in a consistent state. Not very impressed.
An apt-get -f install would've fixed it for you.

Would someone please post a link to the updated bootmenu installer. The one I have (that i downloaded 10-2008) will not install after update. The one I downloaded from
comment #16 did not work for me either.

Last edited by sondjata; 2008-12-18 at 13:59.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by febb View Post
How long did it take to finish the update and self-reboot on an N800 ?
You mean after the files were downloaded? It was very quick, less than a minute.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Still not quite sure about all the details of what's changed, but one thing that caught my attention... anyone else notice that the Internet Call dialpad has been re-arranged? It's now got an area where you can use the keyboard (on your N810, or drive yourself batty with the vkb popping up on the N800) to type in the phone number instead of just using the giant dialpad buttons, and has turned into a drop down that will let you choose phone numbers that you dialed previously (not from your contacts, but recent numbers). I could be wrong, but I don't recall that being there before... the button positions have definitely moved though.