Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
On my NIT maemo Extras deactivated ... maemo Extras-devel still activated.
Strange

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Still not quite sure about all the details of what's changed, but one thing that caught my attention... anyone else notice that the Internet Call dialpad has been re-arranged? It's now got an area where you can use the keyboard (on your N810, or drive yourself batty with the vkb popping up on the N800) to type in the phone number instead of just using the giant dialpad buttons, and has turned into a drop down that will let you choose phone numbers that you dialed previously (not from your contacts, but recent numbers). I could be wrong, but I don't recall that being there before... the button positions have definitely moved though.
I didn't notice a change there - that drop down list has been there for a while now.

Originally Posted by vinc17 View Post
BTW, the old osso-software-version-rx44 version depends on libc6 (= 2.5.0-1osso9). So, upgrading libc6 (and libc6-dev) only should not be possible.
I have the osso-software-version-rx*4-unlocked package, so it didn't cause any problems upgrading libc6, and then the System Upgrade was able to work straight up from Application Manager.

If you currently have the regular osso-software-version-rx*4 package installed, try removing it, and then see if you can then upgrade libc6 and the system. I know this can be a bit dangerous, but if you want the system upgrade, and don't want to uninstall libc6-dev and lose your build environment, this may be the only choice. It worked for me.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Still have the N800 bug where the internet call application will not automatically launch when camera is popped out and the image is upside down when camera is flipped.
That's odd, the update fixed both of those particular problems for me.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Would someone please post a link to the updated bootmenu installer. The one I have (that i downloaded 10-2008) will not install after update. The one I downloaded from
comment #16 did not work for me either.
Just grab it from fanoush's site as usual.

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
On my NIT maemo Extras deactivated ... maemo Extras-devel still activated.
Strange
Well, Extras-devel was never included with any Nokia packages, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be messed with now.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by generalantilles View Post
Originally Posted by batpenguin View Post
Originally Posted by grog View Post
well when i got home my n800 was ready & eager to update & all went smooth. My n810 still does not 'see' the update
my n810 doesn't see it either. I've been trying to refresh the updates many times since seeing this thread. Is this "normal" or is there something blocking the update? Any ideas?
did you try troubleshooting?
Thanks for the link GA (figured that's what it was but I couldn't remember the package name to be able to search for a fix). Unfortunately for me however:
Code:
$ rootsh apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44
[...]
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  osso-software-version-rx44: Depends: libxcomposite1 (= 1:0.3.1-2) but 1:0.4.0-3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
$ $ dpkg -l|grep libxcomposite1
ii  libxcomposite1 1:0.4.0-3 X11 Composite extension library
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

For the N800, which one?

apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34 from troubleshooting

OR

apt-get -f install osso-software-version-rx34

Thanks.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post

Did you try troubleshooting?

Assuming you want to see the issue diagnosed and fixed next time around, please make note of the exact error message.

Then there was an issue during configuration and icd2 was left unconfigured. I couldn't say exactly why without more information from you.

An apt-get -f install would've fixed it for you.

Since the update XMMS eq doesn't work - changes nothing...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
For the N800, which one?

apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34 from troubleshooting

OR

apt-get -f install osso-software-version-rx34
apt-get -f install is used without any further arguments (-f for "fix"). This will finish configuring the packages that were left unconfigured after the first attempt errored. It is not for re-installing osv after it's been uninstalled.

If you want to reinstall osv after you've removed it, simply run apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34 (for the N800).

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
With the new SSU update, the default Media Player no longer shows my play lists. I even tried creating a new play list, reboot, and reopen Media Player, still don't see the new play list I just created. This is a big problem for me as I use the default Media Player to listen to my favorite songs daily. I believe this is the first time the default Media Player is broke after a SSU update.