Originally Posted by buzzlightyear
I feel very lucky to have got one - those numbers are a joke - thats not a launch - I bet my brother feels lucky as well he um'ed and ar'ed for a good 30 minutes after me.

To sum up then myself and my brother own 2 of 42 or 4.76% of the UK and Ireland stock !!

Buzz
Yes I am, Bro.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Today I got an email from Nokia telling me that my order from Nov 4th has arrived and will be processed. "... due to the huge demand there will be a delay in delivery. Delivery is expected end of November".

At least there is a reaction from Nokia! Unfortunately they didn't mention the year

Vielen dank für Ihren Auftrag vom 4. November für das neue Nokia 770.

Wir haben diesen Auftrag bekommen und bearbeiten ihn sofort.
Aufgrund einer unerwartet grossen Anfrage dieses Produktes, wird es jedoch leider zu einer verspäteten Lieferung kommen.
Voraussichtlicher Liefertermin wird Ende November sein.
Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis und entschuldigen schon jetzt die Unannehmlichkeiten.
Bitte seien Sie versichert, dass Nokia Ihre Bestellung so schnell Wie möglich versenden wird.
Für weitere Fragen, wenden sie sich bitte an 0800 18 73 569 order an online-sales@nokia.com
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Nokia 770 Team

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ erlangen, germany
thats all i wanted to know - thx for information, so my order (11.11) will be delivered in 2007

if someone getan 770 who ordered it on 04.11.05 or 11.11.05 should post it!

thx
reini

Hurray! Now also on Nokia's eurostore:

"DUE TO HIGH DEMAND OF NOKIA 770 INTERNET TABLET WE ESTIMATE THAT DELIVERIES OF NEW ORDERS CAN ONLY START IN DECEMBER 2005. IF YOU WISH TO RESERVE A NOKIA 770 PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW. We will process the orders in the order they are received. Once the product you have ordered is available for delivery, we will charge your credit card and you will receive a Shipment Notification email, which will enable you to track your order"

Not too promising :| (but at least it's december 2005:)

Last edited by zuti; 2005-11-19 at 04:03.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
what order numbers did you guys have?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Berlin, Germany
Finally my credit card has arrived and I placed my order 5 minutes ago.
My order number is 203300.

rok

Just a heads up to folks on here. Dr. Ari Jaaksi works for Nokia and has been the front man for the 770. He happens to have a blog where he has discussed the 770 over the past few months. Not that I think he can do much about the availbility issue, but I have posted a comment on his most recent blog entry about the problem so at least he's aware of it. Here's a link to the blog:

http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/

And here's a link yo my comment:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...42474042911468

If you'd like, you can post a comment as well.

Jeff

OK, now we went from 2005 to 2006.

"Due to high demand of Nokia 770 Internet Tablet we estimate that deliveries of new orders can only start in January 2006"

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zuti
OK, now we went from 2005 to 2006.

"Due to high demand of Nokia 770 Internet Tablet we estimate that deliveries of new orders can only start in January 2006"
Now it's obvious that Nokia has technical problems with production or a shortage in supply.
A lot of people here on itt -especially in the US- think that Nokia ships the N770 in Europe but this can't be true. They went out of stock 5-6 days after launch (Nov 3rd). The published order numbers in this forum show that they shipped some hundred devices (500-1000). That's it.

Has anyone in Europe received a device after let's say Nov 11th?

I ordered mine on Nov 4th from Germany and haven't received it yet. The order number is 200514, e.g. the 514th order in Europe

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I ordered mine Sunday 6 November @ 23:00 in the UK and had it in delivered to Central London from Belgium by lunchtime Wednesday 9 November, so Nokia were definately not sold out of UK/Ireland stock by Nov 3rd - it would seem that different countries had different allocations. My order number is 200886.

Nokia do appear to have executed this launch appalingly badly - at least now there is official notice that supply will not resume until Jan 2006, one can only assume the batch sent to the US will be their last for a while too. Bummer.