Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Just found this post:
http://yokozar.livejournal.com/20155.html
I think we should help him...
Recently I got the Information, that a file that I'm using with isilo will be available in 2009 as a windows mobile standalone program only...

First question, what programs on Windows would you actually want to run on the NIT? Second, aren't there any FOSS programs for the NIT that already do that? If there are, help them instead.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I'd like to use Tombo. It is windows and winCE only and I have it now in use on PC and PDA. It supports encrypted notes and I have a lot of data in there. I miss it a lot.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
First question, what programs on Windows would you actually want to run on the NIT?
Not Windows programs... Windows Mobile!
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Second, aren't there any FOSS programs for the NIT that already do that?
No.

Ah, then you have a valid reason to use it then. It's just that I prefer to support FOSS projects first over Windows ones, and even if you're using Wine to run it, you're still using (and indirectly supporting) a Windows based program.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I'd like to use Tombo. It is windows and winCE only and I have it now in use on PC and PDA. It supports encrypted notes and I have a lot of data in there. I miss it a lot.
Try NoteCase as a very good replacement - http://notecase.sf.net

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Don't know about Tombo but Gringotts for the NIT is out there for encrypted notes

The main trouble is finding developers, as yokozar pointed out in the article, there aren't many with ARM and Windows CE knowledge (as you'd likely need both).

Come to think of it, WINE for Windows CE would only be needed for legacy applications on Pocket PC, as newer applications are coded in .NET, which Mono should be able to decode if I'm understanding the point of .NET (IE, processor independant).