Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

Spent 2 hours packaging it (but learnt how to create multi packages in the process :P)

I've removed the dependency on libgnomecanvas & libnotify (gnomecanvas was only used on the computer to show two icons in the about dialog and libnotify was for the non-working notification feature (on the tablets anyway) of zenity). This makes it even more smaller. I've also split zenity up into 5 packages:
  • zenity
  • zenity-gdialog
  • zenity-doc
  • zenity-locales
  • zenity-resources

zenity is probably the only thing you want. I've made that package very small by making it ONLY have the zenity binary and zenity glade file. The documentation is all in the zenity-doc package, the zenity-locales package contains the locale files and zenity-gdialog has the perl gdialog wrapper script. zenity-resources contains some misc files like the zenity icon. I've made it use sstrip on the zenity binary to shave some more kb's off.

The zenity package comes in at 28kb only. You can find it in diablo-extras-devel & chinook's extras-devel (I need to upload scrollkeeper to chinook first..). Oh yeah, it's the 2.24 version.

EDIT: Promoted it to Extras (both chinook & diablo)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-01-05 at 16:40.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
qwerty12, thanks so much for this! Please promote this (and its dependencies) to extras as soon as possible.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
qole, I don't seem to have an dependencies line in the package atm which is a problem. I'll fix that when I get back home and hopefully be able to promote it

Originally Posted by qole View Post
qwerty12, thanks so much for this! Please promote this (and its dependencies) to extras as soon as possible.
Fixed the dependencies line problem and you should find zenity *soon* in both diablo & chinook extras. (Well, I've clicked the promote button but the promotion takes its sweet time )

Following the advice of Jaffa, I did not put this in a user/* section but choosing to put it in the utilities section

As for uploading the dependencies, I should be ok:

Originally Posted by Depends from control of chinook version
libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.3.6), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.12-1osso3), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2:2.10.12-0osso15), libx11-6
Originally Posted by Depends from control of diablo version
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.3.6), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.12-1osso10), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2:2.10.12-0osso15), libx11-6
(Not a bad amount of dependencies if I may say so myself )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
OK, latest zenity version uploaded to extras-devel. Should be there in 15-30 mins.
Only required about 3 changes in total for it to compile for our GTK (without a loss in functionality).
I'll keep it in extras-devel for now to allow people to check if their zenity using scripts haven't broken (either because of my modifications or because of the new version).

Also: I've added an option for the --file-selection option to use a HildonFileChooser.
To use the HildonFileChooser, pass the same options you would to file-selection, with --hildon. I plan on adding more hildon dialogs when I get the time.

Quick example: zenity --file-selection --hildon --save --filename=test:

zenity --file-selection --filename=test --save:

--calendar now supports --hildon too.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-04-16 at 16:05.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: