Active Topics

My ram+swap (64MB) quickly fills up when i use evince + a few other apps.
I was surprised to find out that you can create additional swapfiles just like you do on your linux-machine.
Now i have 85MB swap in use and so far it seems to work fine.

Lets make a contest now, how big do you get your "used swap" space until the 770 crashes? :-)

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
24MB since it was a swap partition I created during a 2005 OS install.

I have mine set to the max (64 MB) and routinely use all of it. It would be nice if I could easily set it to a user defined size (without having to resort to the command line). This is about par for the course. A lot of Nokia's settings are similarly limited to just a few choices. For example, in the "Display Settings" I can't set the "Switch off display" setting to anything longer than 5 minutes and "Brightness period" to longer than 2 minutes. I should be able to specify a user defined period for both, up to and including disabling that power management feature entirely. Not being able to disable this and other power management features has limited my ability to use the 770 for certain roles on more than a few occasions. Ensuring that the basic platform is adaptable to the 1001 uses that Nokia didn't think up is going to be a big part of the success or failure of the Maemo platform.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I have a 64MB swap "partition" and mine runs great. I can open and run tons of stuff and it handles it great. What are you running that uses all your memory?

I have a 128MB swap partition on my 2GB mmc. Probably overkill but I have no issues.