Notices

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Maemo doesn't use cron. It uses alarmd.

The data for this is stored in /var/lib/alarmd, including the settings for triggering the auto-update manager, and mCalendar alarms.
Can we then remove an <object> from /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml to remove that alarm event? Woul we also have to edit next_alarm_time and next_alarm_mode?
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
Can we then remove an <object> from /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml to remove that alarm event? Woul we also have to edit next_alarm_time and next_alarm_mode?
You could, but you shouldn't. Use the API - with appropriate bindings for your language of choice:

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i think the thing here is that they have uninstalled mcalender, but it seems to have not cleaned up alarmd...

so then, how do they go about doing that?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by tso View Post
i think the thing here is that they have uninstalled mcalender, but it seems to have not cleaned up alarmd...

so then, how do they go about doing that?
If you know XML, I've previously hacked entries out of /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml. You probably should then set an alarm in the near future in Clock to update next-alarm-time and ensure other data structures haven't lost any integrity.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you want to remove entries from alarmd safely, without knowing xml, install alarmtool (use dpkg -i to install) and open the file /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml and look at the cookie number that refers to the alarmd entry you want removed and then just alarmtool -r <cookie number corresponding to alarmd entry you want removed>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
My mcalendar have been working fantastic for a few months but when I started it today it doesnt startup and I get this strange error when running it from command prompt, anyone got a clue or is khertan around for some help!?

$ mcalendar
auto_sync_id exist :1222269249
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/mcalendar/mCalendar", line 34, in <module>
mCal = mCalendar(app)
File "/usr/lib/mcalendar/mcalendar_main.py", line 395, in __init_
self.loadPrefs()
File "/usr/lib/mcalendar/mcalendar_main.py", line 686, in loadPrefs
self.set_auto_sync(auto_sync,auto_sync_id)
File "/usr/lib/mcalendar/mcalendar_main.py", line 691, in set_auto_sync
osso.alarmd.get_alarm(int(auto_sync_id)).cancel_al arm()
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'cancel_alarm'

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
This may be a stupid question, but... What exactly is the point of the clock icon in the righthand corner? When you click it comes up with "xx:xx Free Timexx:xx" I just dont see the usefulness or point of it.

I decided to dust off the n810 and give it another try. I installed the mcalendar app. No problem. When I select the application from extras it pops up then goes away. I cannot get it to run at all.

ideas???

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
You could try running it from the terminal. You frequently get more insite into problems like this in terminal.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

I got similar problems a few ttimes, what I usualy need to do is to start a cmd prompt and do a rm -rf .mPim and start over with new settings. I realy think we need an updatd mcalender soon..

Tags
calendar, google