Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Couldn't find any simple explanation for swaping my old 4G MMC for a new 8G MMC on FAQ, WIKI, or search. Are there any issues with just changing the to the new higher capacity MMC? Should I copy the old onto the new prior to changing the cards. I'm not a sophisticated user, but the N800 does the things I need when I travel worlwide and has more than paid it own way.

Sorry if this is redundant, but I just couldn't find an simple answer.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by koolpappyp View Post
Couldn't find any simple explanation for swaping my old 4G MMC for a new 8G MMC on FAQ, WIKI, or search. Are there any issues with just changing the to the new higher capacity MMC? Should I copy the old onto the new prior to changing the cards. I'm not a sophisticated user, but the N800 does the things I need when I travel worlwide and has more than paid it own way.

Sorry if this is redundant, but I just couldn't find an simple answer.

Thanks for your help.
Just copy your folders from the old card to the new, no special configuration needs to be done (assuming that you were not booting off of your old card).

Thanks. That is what I thought, but need confirmation.
I do not boot off the old card.

Appreciate the response.

and if you do decide to go higher in capacity...same thing...just copy and go. I am currently using a 16 GB mmc on my N800, no problems

Thanks, but waiting a liitle for 16GB to drop in price some more. Appreciate the response

Originally Posted by koolpappyp View Post
Thanks, but waiting a liitle for 16GB to drop in price some more. Appreciate the response
I bought my 8GB last Spring (2008) for the same price I bought my 16GB last month $29 US. Fry's Electronics has them on sale every now and then. They are decent brands too...Kingston and Patriot in Class 4 and 6. Check out a Fry's Electronics near you. Don't buy online they kill you with shipping costs.

I'm waiting for the 32GB to come down a little. I currently have an 8GB internal and 16GB external (both class 6). So 24GB on my N800 makes no problem for a lot of files. I have 4GB of music and 9GB of movies and TV shows with a lot more space. My N800 is great for traveling(airline) which I do a lot of. Some Inernational Airlines are offering WIFI on the flight...perfect.
I carry 2 extra batteries to keep my N800 going for the longer(10 hours or more) flights. I live in Hawaii so to anywhere is a flight.

Last edited by icbolsh; 2009-01-12 at 17:48.

Thanks,

I carry 2 batteries for travel also for extra time. Works for me. Probably go for a 16GB external now that prices are reasonable. Thanks for the Fry's lead. I usualy at Buy.com, free shipping, for prices, but clealy not tied to buy there only. My next international flight is on US Airways and I will be lucky if they even offer a seat.

The Following User Says Thank You to koolpappyp For This Useful Post: