Notices

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
i just want to say a big thank you to the developer of this program.. am using it right now and it just works.. i listen to a lots of podcasts and always felt the traditional media players aren't built for listening to audio books or podcast. this thing really rock blog.. what you do goes a long way in improving our lives (at least mine) in many ways you cant imagine .. thanks a bunch and pick up the good work

My Blog

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
Originally Posted by nikosapi View Post
Queuing works now

There are 3 ways to do it:
  1. Via the GUI, in the file menu
  2. On the command line by passing the --queue option
  3. Or over D-Bus:
    Code:
     dbus-send --type="method_call" --dest=org.panucci /player org.panucci.interface.queue_file string:<absolute filepath>
There is no FILE menu in the GUI that I have been able to locate.
There is Open, Bookmarks, Settings (lock progress bar?) Donate, About & Quit.
There is a folder icon that appears to be the same function as "open".
I am using 0.2-5 and with this version:
1. you cannot queue files,
2. the bookmarks tab is empty till you start a file that you have bookmarked (so you cannot start a file from it),
3. starts up with no file loaded so you have to navigate to the file.

I am keen to experience the joy that others are having with the latest version but so far these features don't lift me there.
Perhaps there is a more recent version?

Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
Perhaps there is a more recent version?
We're speaking of the SVN version. It hasn't been fully tested, and no one is confident in its stability.

After it has been tested and found stable, another deb will be built and released, and you'll have your new features.

If you want to try out the non-blessed code, follow these instructions.
-> install subversion from the extras repository.
-> goto the console and create a subfolder under home called "panucci"
Code:
cd ~
mkdir panucci
-> execute the following svn command
Code:
svn checkout https://garage.maemo.org/svn/panucci/trunk panucci
-> start panucci using this command (from home)
Code:
panucci/bin/panucci
-> if you want to make a shortcut, point it to ~/panucci/bin/panucci

Keep in mind that using this version comes with risks. You may loose all your bookmarks, for instance. I'm sure any bug reports you might file would be greatly appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Panucci is so good. I've been using it as my default player for gpodder for weeks now.. and I'm kicking myself for not using it sooner.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I finally got around to trying to install this SVN version of Panucci I did not have much luck. In fact none. "svn not found" or some such. I get tired of typing that long line [svn checkout https://garage.maemo.org/svn/panucci/trunk panucci] over and over so I gave up. I recall in DOS you could just hit F3 and the line would be repeated. Is there anything like that in xterminal? As you can easily see, this is not my area of expertise. Also... any idea when this SVN version will be released?

pushing "up" on the d-pad will cycle through your command history.

"svn not found" would indicate that you did not take the first step, "-> install subversion from the extras repository", in my post above.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I suppose the bigger issue is, any rough idea of when the next release will be packaged up and tossed at the maemo extras like a big pie in the face that we can slurp off with a smile? (Yeah.. weird cartoony mood today.) heheheh

Originally Posted by MattZTexasu View Post
pushing "up" on the d-pad will cycle through your command history.

"svn not found" would indicate that you did not take the first step, "-> install subversion from the extras repository", in my post above.
Thanks. I wasn't sure what "subversion" was but now I know that it is a program called SVN. I installed that and everything seemed to work fine. I got a message "checked out version 73".
However when I tried to start Panucci, I got an error message:

~ $ panucci/bin/panucci
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "panucci/bin/panucci", line 63, in <module>
from panucci import util
ImportError: cannot import name util

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
Thanks. I wasn't sure what "subversion" was but now I know that it is a program called SVN. I installed that and everything seemed to work fine. I got a message "checked out version 73".
However when I tried to start Panucci, I got an error message:

~ $ panucci/bin/panucci
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "panucci/bin/panucci", line 63, in <module>
from panucci import util
ImportError: cannot import name util
Code:
cd panucci
bin/panucci
should do the trick (i.e. your current working directory has to be the panucci folder)

Same error message running from the panucci directory.
I am running my N800 from the OS cloned on the sd card so I thought i'd try it from the the flash or whatever you call the internal memory. Panucci started up OK from there but it would not play anything. No matter what I selected, nothing appeared in the window.
I have not upgraded either OS to diablo, so this may be the problem. I know I'll lose the ability to boot from SD if I upgrade and finding the instructions to set everything up again is a pain, so I have just avoided it. I guess if I want to listen to audiobooks on the N800 this is what I have to do.

Tags
barbiestrsand