Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by emjayes View Post
I will update sliderotate to match the latest SSU but that will have to wait after the holidays, I might get yelled at by the kids and wife if I did that right now.
He he, if they only knew about the importance of sliderotate

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Updated rotation support for diablo 43-7 SSU release can be found here:
http://sse2.net/rotate/

It seems like osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked_1%3a5.2008.43-7_all.deb is missing -- but is it not necessary? I updated without this successfully. My OS version is correctly stating 43-7.

The Following User Says Thank You to pton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Durham, NC
i noticed the same thing...the osso-software-version-rx44*.deb is missing as well. I skipped it and didn't see any impact. does anyone who knows more about it have an opinion on if that was good idea?

You don't need to download that from there -- just an apt-get install osso-software-version-rx##-unlocked (where ## is 44 for N810, 34 for N800, etc.) should do it.

If you already had a -unlocked version, you're fine -- it gets upgraded in the SSU every time. If you didn't, though, installing rotation would remove your existing osso-software-version-rx##, leaving you without one, and breaking the next SSU.

Apt-getting it will fix it if it's wrong, and not hurt in any case, so if in doubt, do it.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Lake Elsinore, CA
Wow! This should have been a "Feature" in OS2008. Is it possible to make this installation easier? Like something installable via the "Application Manager"?

The Following User Says Thank You to a1mega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
You don't need to download that from there -- just an apt-get install osso-software-version-rx##-unlocked (where ## is 44 for N810, 34 for N800, etc.) should do it.

If you already had a -unlocked version, you're fine -- it gets upgraded in the SSU every time. If you didn't, though, installing rotation would remove your existing osso-software-version-rx##, leaving you without one, and breaking the next SSU.

Apt-getting it will fix it if it's wrong, and not hurt in any case, so if in doubt, do it.
I guess I'm confused (again, what's new ). I've been ignoring this issue on my N810 for a while now but I'd like to get it fixed. When I install the SSU it removes my sliderotate option but when I reinstall xrandr support under the sliderotate settings my tablet wants to reinstall the SSU. I've installed osso-software-version-rx4-unlocked, but that hasn't corrected the situation. What am I doing wrong? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

hey dude... i cant download the attachments.....

Originally Posted by grog View Post
I guess I'm confused (again, what's new ). I've been ignoring this issue on my N810 for a while now but I'd like to get it fixed. When I install the SSU it removes my sliderotate option but when I reinstall xrandr support under the sliderotate settings my tablet wants to reinstall the SSU. I've installed osso-software-version-rx4-unlocked, but that hasn't corrected the situation. What am I doing wrong? TX
IDK, maybe sliderotate's not updated yet? After you do the SSU, you can get the updated kernel and xserver packages from outpo.st, as described in the wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I'm trying to follow the qwerty12-based wiki for Rotating the Screen.

I have an N800 running Diablo 5.2008.43-7. It's enabled to boot off SD, but I'm working only from the flash-based system.

I cannot install libxrandr2_1.2.1-1_armel.deb, which is Step 6 in the wiki. When I try, the Tablet asks if I want to Install update? and shows only 0 kB as the Download size (although it lists Size as 53 kB). For Problems, all it says is "Unable to install libxrandr2. Incompatible application package." It doesn't specify the incompatibility.

I'm trying to install by simply double-clicking the .deb.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I'm trying to follow the qwerty12-based wiki for Rotating the Screen.
The itT wiki is deprecated.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Rotation

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I cannot install libxrandr2_1.2.1-1_armel.deb, which is Step 6 in the wiki. When I try, the Tablet asks if I want to Install update? and shows only 0 kB as the Download size (although it lists Size as 53 kB). For Problems, all it says is "Unable to install libxrandr2. Incompatible application package." It doesn't specify the incompatibility.
xrandr became bundled in Diablo.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:

Tags
angular momentum, quantum mechanics, rotation, weirdtags