Does anyone have any tips on how to get IMAP working better or snappier? Using the built-in email client or Claws mail, it is easy to setup a gmail account through IMAP. However, I have lots of email. This really bogs down the n810 and makes checking email nearly impossible.

I tried, taking it offline. Then removing all accounts. Then adding my IMAP account and changing the settings to only collect the last 50 messages. I then connected to a wifi point and watched again while the device downloaded over 17 000 email headers.

Needless to say, when it's done, it can't even scroll to the top with out minutes of waiting. Is there no way to really set it to only check that last 50 or so messages? or maybe a date range or anything?

Thanks,

You can archive your old e-mails that will speed things up...

The Following User Says Thank You to superstar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Maybe it's just an impression, but in Claws setting a folder to show only unread messages and collapse threads seems to help.
I have my mail organized in various folders and the only one that gives me some problem is a mailing list archive with ~30000 messages, the rest are fine, but it may also be because the server is on my lan and it's cyrus. I don't have many messages on gmail, so it also works fine.
Note that the downloading of all headers should happen only once, then it'll only download the differences.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Thanks Superstar. Archiving most of my email on gmail did the trick. Email is now functional. I did need to delete the account on the n810, and recreate it before it really sped up. Thanks