Active Topics

Notices

Okay, here's the problem, if anyone could help, please.

I have a fresh install of the OS2006 3.2006.49-2 on my n770. I'm attempting to get the Maemo Mapper program working, but I'm not having much luck. I can get my AR-200 Bluetooth GPS Receiver successfully connected to the n770 via the maemo-bt-plugin, but maemo mapper 2.5.3 does seem to want to use it.

When I am in maemo mapper, and I go to the menu and click "Settings", the radio button for "Bluetooth" and the "Scan" button are all greyed out. The same goes for the "File Path" line and "Browse" button.

The "GPSD Host" line is lit and has loopback value in it, but I don't think that is going to do me any good. When I click "Cancel," a box in the top-right corner displays: "Searching for GPS Receiver." I've tried with and without the Bluetooth connected via the bt-plugin, thinking mapper would auto detect, but so far no such luck.

6 hours of Google searching has turned up nothing... Any recommendguessions? Need more info? Let me know. Thanks.

See my prior posts on this. I had the same issues, but with OS2007HE. Went back to v2.4.1.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...2&postcount=40

http://internettablettalk.com/forums...2&postcount=13

The Following User Says Thank You to cecil For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply.

I see... so, is there a tutorial to downgrade to 2.4.1? I can find the deb, but not the all of the lib files. When I "install" the deb file from my mmc, the App Man says the install will be 0.0MB if I already have mapper installed. Uninstalled, it says the following files are missing:

libconic0
libgdbm3
libgpsmgr(>=0.1)
libsqlite3-0(>=3.2.1)

Where can I get those debs?

Thanks, again.

Start from scratch. Uninstall and install the version you want.

The libs should be in the Extras repository for OS2006 (repository.maemo.org/mistral) and/or the base root repository: repository.maemo.org

I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I have 14 repositories in the App Catalog, but all the variations of "Extra" and "Lib" only contain about one, sometimes two, file each. None of the files are any needed by the mapper.

Currently, I have maemo mapper unistalled, and have the 2.4.1 .deb file, but the files (I listed above) are not auto downloading. The App Man keeps saying failed, needs those files. What am I doing wrong? Can someone get me a "click-here-type-this" guide on how to install 2.4.1 with the dependencies? Thanks again.

Finally! Got it. I installed 2.53, then went in X-Term and uninstalled using:
Code:
dpkg --ignore-depends=osso-gpsd --ignore-depends=libgpsmgr --ignore-depends=libsqlite3-0 --ignore-depends=libgdbm3 --ignore-depends=libconic0 -r maemo-mapper
I had to do the separate ignore statements because X-Term and/or ignore-depends returns an error when I use a comma. I then installed the 2.4.1 from the mem card no problem. Now! To play!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackFoxx3000 For This Useful Post:
Okay...I was having this exact problem tool...but I figured out a haphazard solution...can't say this is the cleanest solution, but it works!

Here is what I did. You'll need to do this from an xterm probably as root

1) I'm not sure I needed to do this but first thing I did was, but I suggest skipping this step initially:
apt-get upgrade osso-gpsd

2) Next (if you don't know) determine the mac address of your bluetooth gps by running:
hcitool scan

3) cd /etc/bluetooth and edit the rfcomm.conf
configure it similar to the following (not a 100% this actually needs to be done at all):

rfcomm0 {
# Automatically bind the device at startup
bind yes;

# Bluetooth address of the device
device 00:0A:3A:xx:xx:xx; #should be the mac of your bluetooth GPS

# RFCOMM channel for the connection
channel 1;

# Description of the connection
comment "Oncourse";
}

4) from the root shell promt:
rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 00:0A:3A:xx:xx:xx #mac address of your bluetooth

5) next command
/usr/sbin/gpsd -N -n -F /tmp/gps.sock /dev/rfcomm0

You might get a message that pops up asking to pair with you bluetooth GPS.

6) Now run maemo-mapper...everything should start working.

I'm sure there is a cleaner way of doing this, but I haven't had a chance to pursue that further. But I'm able to run the latest version of MM using GPSD Host since my other two options are grayed out and I can't select them. The only pain now is that I have to open an xterm window su to root then run the commands.

Oh well better then nothing...hope this helps some people.

Last edited by bac522; 2009-03-24 at 00:06.