Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Hi, Handful!

I installed the new Canola2. I clicked the icon in Extras, and a little window opened for a moment that said "Canola loading," but nothing more happened.

Then I tried to run Canola cleanup, but it reports, "###ERROR: Unsupported platform, please report."

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Philadelphia
Where is this "extras" icon - I cannot figure out where to find this new update.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
On the desktop, the third icon down, probably looks like 4 squares, click on that. You should see My Selection, then Utilities below that ... Extras.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Is there EVER going to be a release of the thing? Beta 11? C'mon! Release it and you'd be on SP4 by now!

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Beta 11 has installed swiftly and without error here. Looking really great., and certainly seems a lot smoother and less cpu intensive than previous. Great work Guys!

Couple of thing I cannot find though which have been mentioned in this thread. I cannot find where the home applet lives! Also videocasts are hinted at being supported now. Is this true, and how can I add casts?

It's a shame the fm radio plugin never saw the light of day, as that would have been the cherry on the icing!!

Gaz

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Thanks a lot for this update, works without problems on my N810!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
It didn't recognise my ogg files before and still doesn't recognise them now so I guess the "improvements" lie with FLAC.

Why is ogg so difficult to support on what is, after all, a Linux device, I wonder.
Hi rebski, Ogg in maemo is indeed a non-straight forward package, and has been problematic because of the conflicts and not being on extras etc.
On monday before the final release we will update the news about ogg support. Etrunko is taking care of that.

Just out of curiosity, will we ever see something like that nice YouTube plugin from beta 10 again? There was something particularly entertaining about browsing comments in it.
Well, I also liked it it was a little bit too buggy, and with the limited time we decided to focus on the core of complaints (optimization, scanner and thumbnails).
anyhow, in 3 weeks we release the "final" version, open source it and the designs for the youtube thing will be there maybe we can bring the code and somebody can integrate it.

Hi, Handful!

I installed the new Canola2. I clicked the icon in Extras, and a little window opened for a moment that said "Canola loading," but nothing more happened.

Then I tried to run Canola cleanup, but it reports, "###ERROR: Unsupported platform, please report."
[/quote]

Hi GeraldKo

Are you running chinook repositories on diablo device or vice versa? Can you check :
- which version is installed on your tablet
- which repositories do you have.

That will help us help you. This seems like missing a core component, maybe because you lack a repository?

Is there EVER going to be a release of the thing? Beta 11? C'mon! Release it and you'd be on SP4 by now!
Hi Dr. Tek came on! Is there a real difference before we taking of the "beta" tag? it would still have the same bugs etc.
We left in beta just to make sure that it still could give more trouble on installing and using than it should. We have been studying ways
of avoiding it, and it seems that finally we will be able to do so, and we are synchronized with the Carman releases to avoid any component
problem.

anyhow, it leaving beta in less than 3 weeks, and its going full opensource when Canola2 is out.

What should we call it ? Canola2 1.0 ? that funny

Beta 11 has installed swiftly and without error here. Looking really great., and certainly seems a lot smoother and less cpu intensive than previous. Great work Guys!
Thanks in behalf of the team Lfelipe is one of the core developers now, so he probably reading this and spreading for the other guys.

Couple of thing I cannot find though which have been mentioned in this thread. I cannot find where the home applet lives! Also videocasts are hinted at being supported now. Is this true, and how can I add casts?
Go to settings, internet media, video cast -> there's a field, enter the URL and press ok

Did you try going to the desktop, press the menu, home applets, and searching for canola? if it not there let me know.

It's a shame the fm radio plugin never saw the light of day, as that would have been the cherry on the icing!!
Yeah, I also think so. But I believe we will surprise you in the final release.
Couple of things in the oven:
a. Ebook reader (it a university grad project)
b. Launcher menu (sample code needs work)
c. What about a browser? - but also very simple will need a lot of work

I think some people will like to thinker with it

Hope to hear more bugs!

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Did you try going to the desktop, press the menu, home applets, and searching for canola? if it not there let me know.

Marcelo[/QUOTE]

I don't see the applet in the drop down menu is something missing?

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Marcelo

Videocast - settings, internet media - I only have podcasts, internet radio, photocasts, my download folder, last.fm - no videocast option.

When I Look in home menu, select applets. I do not see an entry for Canola in there ( was the first place I looked!)

Thanks for your efforts

gaz

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Gazza_d

thanks again! so there's definitely something wrong, mine here has both gonna take a look at this!

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post: