Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland, Europe
1. Is it possible to remap the keys in the web browser. In my opinion pressing CTRL+L is a bit cumbersome, I'd rather use any of the keys on the left side of the keyboard, CTRL+Z would be way better.

2, Has the problem with the url box failing to get focus when CTRL+L is pressed been solved yet?

I use Diablo BTW

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
There is a keyboard map but it appears to be global to the system and not for the application. There is a package gconf-editor exposes all parameters for specific applications and for the system. You may find some help there.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
I wanted to do the same thing and assign the top + - keys to forward/back in MicroBrowser
(Still looking.)

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
emelFM2 uses the top + - to display the the column 1 or 2 directory display so clearly it can be done.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Originally Posted by WilsonBradley View Post
I wanted to do the same thing and assign the top + - keys to forward/back in MicroBrowser
(Still looking.)
I want something similar; I want the zoom +/- keys to act as page-up and page-down.

I've found half a solution. If you look in '/usr/lib/microb-engine/chrome/toolkit/content/global' you'll find a file called 'platformHTMLBindings.xml'. This defines what all the various keys do. Now, if you look at http://maemomm.garage.maemo.org/docs...l/ch02s03.html you see that the zoom +/- keys are F7 and F8 respectively.

You can easily edit 'platformHTMLBindings.xml' to bind the VK_F7 and VK_F8 keycodes to the actions 'cmd_movePageUp' and 'cmd_movePageDown'. Just copy and paste a couple of similar lines and make the appropriate changes. This even works! The zoom keys now do paging!

But... The zoom keys also still do zooming. Zooming is defined elsewhere, and I haven't yet figured out where so I can free up those keys. I suspect that the browser is getting some non-keycode "zoom" event from the OS, which might be harder to find and ignore.