Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Hi all,
I'm trying to get qtnx to run on my n810 to acces my home workstation. I finally got everything to run up to the point where I see in the log window 'Enter passphrase for key '/home/user/client.id_dsa.key'
I have copied this key directly from the freenx server to this file (tried with the nx keys but it did not work...).
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Home workstation? You can also decide to not use keys and use PAM to authenticate. Which boils down to /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow (your normal UNIX username and password). To do this simply configure the Session, select it, and then fill in the username and password in the dialog.

Let us know if that works so we can pinpoint the problem.

Ofcourse, since you might be using the N8x0 public, it is better to create your own SSH keys and use this together with a password which is not identical to your UNIX password. This is what I use in PuTTy, but maybe QTNX doesn't support SSH keys with a password? Try one without a password to see if that works.