Active Topics

Notices

lemmyslender
i've found out that one of my illegal routes happens only in reiseplaner maps and not in osm binary file. can you change your mapset to verify your routing issues?

Anyone please!!!. I need to use Garmin maps!!!!

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
marce_245, Gerrit is on the case on your behalf. The SVN builds provided currently do not include the garmin map support. Gerrit has asked that it be added. I'm sure he'll post here when it has been.

Thank you dwould, I didn't know. Exciting news for me then. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
ernia-

unfortunately I can't change my maps. The only option I have is OSM. I don't think reiseplanner maps are available for the USA.

In building my own from the svn's one time I somehow got garmin support enabled, but nothing showed up with the garmin maps I have (garmin basemap and a few free others I downloaded). I don't know how I got garmin support enabled that once and haven't been able to repeat it.

I have tried building (autogen, configure, make, make install ) libgarmin inside scratchbox, but that doesn't seem to help. I even tried forcing it by changing configure.in but that didn't work either.

I'd love to be able to use garmin maps, but I don't know if routing is working with them.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Toronto
Hi lemmyslender:
You wrote a while ago: To all: Is anyone else have similar problems: Next turn icons are missing, announcer toggle is missing, Northing is on by default despite the menu item showing it off. Is my install really messed up? I have uninstalled and reinstalled using downloaded debs to no avail.

Would you happen to know the file names of the missing icons? I think I know why they are missing (and have a fix) but presently have no way of testing.

Gerrit

Re: garmin map support, tonight's SVN build <should> have the garmin stuff included. If not, please say so here and I will check into it.
Just in case, I am also building a new .deb for my blog, the screen unblank is not quite finished in SVN. That .deb will also have what I think are the missing nav icons. Check my blog on Thu AM.

Gerrit

gerrit-

I believe that the files in question are: gui_sound... gui_sound_off... nav_left... nav_right... nav_straight.... various sizes png svg xpm.

Just checked - copied and old gui_sound_off_32.xpm to navit folder and renamed to gui_sound_32.xpm and copied. Also same for gui_sound_off.svg and gui_sound_off_32_32.png copy, rename, copy.

Announcer_toggle still doesn't appear to work (demo) but the icon shows up now.

Gerrit- does this mean the original icons are messed up and thus not being scaled properly? Or is it something else - naming problem? I usually have a small blue box with a question mark (unknown.xpm)

Hi Lemmyslender
I submitted trac 300 to create .png versions of more icons, in particular the nav_.... ones. For gui_sound... I would try using the .png versions.

My .deb (SVN 2038+trac's 282 and 300) is now on the blog.....

Gerrit

Last edited by gerritv; 2009-02-12 at 01:45.

gerrit

It appears to be related to gui_sound_32.xpm. I renamed it to .bak and it the icon disappeared. Renamed back to .xpm and it shows back up. I'll download from your blog and let you know.