Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Do you use software that set alarm ?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I get this problem too. And had to stop using the tablet as my alarm clock in the morning!

I found that a reboot the alarm works and then seemingly randomly stops working. ( I had not checked to see if is online or not to see if that is the cause). I thought it was just me!

xopher

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Annoying as **** since one of the reasons I got the n810 is alarms.

The alarm has worked for me for the last 2 days. I guess I'll just have to reboot the system every couple days to be sure.

Still never reinstalled Skype to test if that was the problem.

Last edited by killdeer; 2009-02-12 at 05:34.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Reinstalled Skype because I needed it for something... what do you know...

SILENT ALARMS!

It's a sad state of affairs when you have to choose between a phone and an alarm clock.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
I've had the same problem in the past. Luckily, it hasn't happened recently.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Just for info, the last time I got this problem was due to 'powerlaunch' apps.

I have had the exact same problems with the silent alarm. When I first got my N810 a couple weeks ago, the alarms worked fine. Then I flashed to OS 2008 (5.2008.43-7) and installed a bunch of applications, and the alarm stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, but the problem persisted. So I reflashed OS 2008 and didn't install any extra applications, and the alarm worked with sound. A few days later, I installed Skype, and now the alarms once again have no sound. I would like to be able to use my N810 as an alarm clock, but I need to have Skype on it, too.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you guys need to try out FlipClock ;-)

(it's in extras-devel and also available on garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/flipclock/
)

Ties in with native alarm functions to make it automatically launch and play your MP3 file of choice at the alarm time, complete with snooze and all that good jazz. And if you're having real problems with the alarm stuff just not working at all you can set a config option so that it tracks alarm times and things internally... meaning even if the tablet's built in alarm stuff doesn't work, as long as you leave the app open (or sleeping in the background) it will work as expected.

(by the way does the normal alarm stuff just not sound, or does it not pop up/do anything at all when the alarm is supposed to occur?)