Ok, so pardon me if this was discussed elsewhere. I just want to get a good handle on things and snippets of this issue seem to be floating around, and I'd like to gather them all into one place.

So, I was trying to install Emacs on my mmc2 internal 2gb drive. I kept getting all sorts of errors when I specified instdir and then I realized I wasn't able to chmod or chown anything, so this means basically I can't run applications off of this drive. From what I gather this is because the drive is FAT.

I would like to still be able to connect my tablet up to my windows machine and transfer files, so maybe no reformatting to Linux file type (unless by some miracle andLinux can read it). So, is there a solution here? I read something about copying the files to flash, chmoding, and then back, but that's a pain and I don't have a lot of room on flash for that.

And yes, I'm running as root, sudo, all that.

See here for mounting mmc without noexec. This will enable executing programs from the card, but still won't give complete unix chown/chmod capabilities.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...33&postcount=2

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by stacia View Post
I would like to still be able to connect my tablet up to my windows machine and transfer files, so maybe no reformatting to Linux file type
You can repartition the internal card to create 2 partitions: the first one in FAT, the second one in ext2.

Any easy-peasy partitioning software I can use to make a little section available for installing programs and the rest for data files? Also thanks for the tip, I understand better now what's going on.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by stacia View Post
Any easy-peasy partitioning software I can use to make a little section available for installing programs and the rest for data files?
See what I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to vinc17 For This Useful Post:
Or you could burn a live cd of a linux distro like say Ubuntu and use gparted to partition your card.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post: