Active Topics

Poll: Has your screen failed?
Poll Options
Has your screen failed?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Rochester, NY
Let's do an informal survey:

Whose screen has been trouble free, and whose has been nothing but trouble?

Also, if you could, indicate how long you have used it and the frequency of its use.
Te de aliis, quam alios de te suaviust fieri doctos

Mine has been trouble free since April.
Used daily. I almost never turn it off, even at night. I just let it go to sleep. I don't even use the cover very often. Made in Estonia.

I am on my 4th screen now.

The first one broke after 3 months and it took 2 weeks to repair.
The second one broke after 1 month and again i had to wait 2 weeks.
The 3rd screen lasted only 10 days. This time i asked for a replacement unit and i had to wait over 4 Months. But i didn't get a replacement, they just swapped the display again.

I use my 770 daily and never turn it of on purpose.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Germany
[X] Screen broke, but hasn't been returned from repair

mine came 4 days ago with a wsod out of the box! great! it didn't run one second!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by Bromo33333
Let's do an informal survey:

Whose screen has been trouble free, and whose has been nothing but trouble?

Also, if you could, indicate how long you have used it and the frequency of its use.

My Nokia 770 works perfectly even after a year. I got it in January 2006. Its made in Estonia. No battery problems, no endless reboot loops, no Wi-Fi connection issues. I use it daily and charge it when it is readay to die. It has been upgraded as and when required. Worked well with T-Mobile GPRS till T-Mobile blocked GPRS. I will not say that I was too cafreful with it. I use it rather normally and without too much care.

Last edited by Arjun; 2006-12-11 at 03:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arjun For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Die_allianz
[X] Screen broke, but hasn't been returned from repair

mine came 4 days ago with a wsod out of the box! great! it didn't run one second!
My original 770 worked great no problems at all, but then it got stolen. Brought a new one and had the wsod right out of the box as well!!!! Does anyone in the manufacturing plant bother to turn these on before packing them into the box.

Anyway, got another one and so far so good.

Is there some sort of Linux command that could give us some hardware info about the screen?

I've had mine for about a month and it's been trouble free. It's Made in Estonia, but I've read about those having the wsod also.

I use it daily, never shut it completely down. Just slid the cover on when not in use and charge it when it gets to about two bars.

Originally Posted by dino
I've had mine for about a month and it's been trouble free. It's Made in Estonia, but I've read about those having the wsod also.
The ones from Estonia seem not to suffer from CoD...crack of doom...but they do still suffer from wsod.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Sound's like Estonia has the "good glass". My 770 is also made in Estonia, and just the other day I accidentally dropped it from about 2.5 feet onto a marble tiled floor [with case on] and there's not so much as a dent on the thing anywhere. Big thanks to whoever designed the 770 and case to withstand such a shock and continue to work perfectly.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Originally Posted by =DC=
Sound's like Estonia has the "good glass".
good glass or good case? The brand new one that I recently got had the wsod right out of the box and was from Estonia.