Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
I ordered my N770 on 14/11, and have received the following from Nokia yesterday. Order number between 202300 and 202400, FWIW:

Sent: 23 November 2005 16:00
To: jaycee
Cc: Nokia
Subject: Your NOKIA.COM 770 Order

Dear jaycee
Thank you so much for your recent order on the 14th November 2005 for the new NOKIA 770.

We have received your order and are processing accordingly.
However due to unprecedented demand for the product, the delivery will be slightly delayed.
Estimated time of delivery is December.
We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to ensure you on behalf of Nokia that we will fulfill your order as soon as possible.

For any queries please call 08082347149 or email us on online-sales@nokia.com
Regards,
Nokia 770 Team
HTH,
jaycee

Originally Posted by jaycee
Estimated time of delivery is December.

jaycee
No year then?

I guess that's good news for many of us. I'm only 600-700 orders behind that, having made my order the 17th. Do you know if USA and Europe share order numbers? I guess they are different, as Americans were sent to the nokiausa site, but, Can someone confirm that?.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
I ordered from the nokiausa site on 14-Nov and my order number is around 57221000. So yes, definitely a different numbering system, although it's odd that European numbers haven't hit a million while the US numbers are past 57 million.

Hello,
we in "Stone Age" Austria have the Nokia 770 already in real shops, yes, only the one of the local telco, Telekom Austria. I already could seen one today in the shop in Mariahilfer Strasse in Vienna, not in action but exhibited.
They also offering them in there Internet Shop, (German) for 359 Euro.

I'm waiting for the version 2.0 of the tablet with hopefully better support of USB host function.

canosso

Originally Posted by WillS
No year then?
Thats funny!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Have there been *any* non-dev received orders in the US?

Promising news about it hitting stores, that might be my only chance here in Canada.

Hey Australia, we'll trade you the bow & arrow for fire.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Hey Australia, we'll trade you the bow & arrow for fire.
I'd prefer a boomerang...

I don't believe their 'unprecedented demand' ********. How many did they expect to sell? 6 If this were true I would expect a hell of a lot more people to have received them already. As it is it seems only the few who ordered within hours of the release in both Europe and the US actually received units. If the order numbers are sequential it would be interesting to know what number they have shipped up to. Mine ordered in the US is 57237230. Nokia are taking so long I want them to send me an email before they ship to give me the option of cancelling rather than just have the bill arrive and them say it's coming. If I have to wait until January it could be obsolete by then!

Originally Posted by Simon
I don't believe their 'unprecedented demand' ********. How many did they expect to sell? 6 If this were true I would expect a hell of a lot more people to have received them already. As it is it seems only the few who ordered within hours of the release in both Europe and the US actually received units. If the order numbers are sequential it would be interesting to know what number they have shipped up to. Mine ordered in the US is 57237230. Nokia are taking so long I want them to send me an email before they ship to give me the option of cancelling rather than just have the bill arrive and them say it's coming. If I have to wait until January it could be obsolete by then!

If you are talking about usa sales then my order is almost 20,000 earlier then yours. I did order in the first few hours on the 14th, but I would be really surprised if they sold that many units. What seems more likely is that the order numbers are for the entire nokiausa store, and that they have some 20,000 orders of phones/cords/chargers, etc. instead of just 770s.

Last edited by Treponema; 2005-11-24 at 18:59.