xxM5xx or anyone else, can you take an ohm meter to the 4 pole Nokia connector and settle the debate here about what pole is connected to what:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=headset+mic

I found this, but I don't know if it applies to the N810.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/reso...connector.html

Last edited by st5150; 2008-05-09 at 20:51.

Yes, that one applies to the N8x0.

From http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/reso...connector.html (same as your link):

The Nokia AV 2.5mm/3.5mm interface is available in various Nokia devices, including low-end Series 30 devices, Series 40 devices, S60 devices, and Nokia Internet Tablets. All Nokia AV devices, such as the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet, support headset and audio out and some devices, including the Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, and the Nokia N82, provide also composite video out.
And farther down the page is, of course, that very image.

So does the N800 or N810 actually support video out with a cable like this? Am I just asking for too much?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
This is the first time I've looked at this thread. It seems to me an easier way to accomplish what xxM5xx did in the opening posts is to buy this.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by dornanu View Post
So does the N800 or N810 actually support video out with a cable like this?
From the post immediately above yours (emphases added):
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
From http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/reso...connector.html (same as your link):

The Nokia AV 2.5mm/3.5mm interface is available in various Nokia devices, including low-end Series 30 devices, Series 40 devices, S60 devices, and Nokia Internet Tablets. All Nokia AV devices, such as the Nokia N810 Internet Tablet, support headset and audio out and some devices, including the Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, and the Nokia N82, provide also composite video out.
While it is listed as one of "All Nokia AV devices", supporting audio, the N810 is conspicuously not listed in the "some devices" with video.

I know of no reason to assume this is a deliberate attempt to mislead, or the result of ignorance, so I am inclined to infer that the N810 (and, by extension, the N800) has no video-output capability.

Am I just asking for too much?
Good question. <shrug />

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I am going to buy a Motorola S705 bluetooth headset, as it has an FM radio, pairs with multiple devices (so can pair with tablet as well as my phone), does stereo audio, and you can use your own headphones instead of their standard ones since it has a socket instead of them being hard-wired.

Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
Can someone please recommend an application for the N800 that will show the N800's IP address in the home screen?5
"homeip" works for me. install it then add the applet to the desktop.

"homeip - HomeIP is a home hildon desktop applet which display the current IP"

comes from: http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free

HTH

Last edited by speculatrix; 2008-11-11 at 23:12.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
I just spent $70 on ZAGG ear canal buds. They don't work with the N800 tablet. I had the regular (non-mic) V-Moda ear canal buds and they worked great. Does anyone know of any good ear canal buds w/mic that will work with a Nokia Phone or N800 ? OR, if the V-moda Vibe w/mic work with Nokia Tablets / Phones ?

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I am going to buy a Motorola S705 bluetooth headset, as it has an FM radio, pairs with multiple devices (so can pair with tablet as well as my phone), does stereo audio, and you can use your own headphones instead of their standard ones since it has a socket instead of them being hard-wired.
Bought one off ebay, NIB for GBP13 (< US$20 inc p&p), works very well and sounds great with my Sennheiser medium/small headphones - the FM radio is excellent too. The range is phenomenal on bluetooth, I can leave tablet playing in the middle of the house and walk to every corner! Charges off USB too, comes with a mains adaptor whose cable terminates in a mini-B.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
Hello everyone. I'm wondering if the new Moto Rokr S9 HD will work with the N810. Will it be able to answer skype calls with a button press? Is that stuff supported yet?