Active Topics

just to be clear, is there an extra charge outside of the receiver's sms plan???

Originally Posted by kashief View Post
just to be clear, is there an extra charge outside of the receiver's sms plan???
I'm not sure how I didn't answer that. It's the same as sending a txt msg from your phone.

just trying to be sure... some ppl can say things one way but mean something different

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Sure glad that I receive texts for free. As it should be anyway. How is it right to get charged for something that you have no control over (other than getting rid of your cell phone) At least for calls you can choose to not answer, texts go right through. But I'm going to set this up in my email clients (tablet and laptop) for easy and free text messaging.

I've been using +1555666777@sms.talk.google.com method to Text Mesage my friends from my Nokia N810. It had worked just fine until recently. Now when I try to send a text message, it says "No permission for this operation". I also can't recieve the texts on my Nokia. Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

Or does anybody know how to reset to default settings?

Last edited by GMD1125; 2009-03-16 at 23:06. Reason: Clarification

It won't work, Google stopped the free SMS plan due to abuse from "Infinite SMS" an application on the iPhone someone charged for.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

That is a logical explaination, but why can I still text message from the chat in my email account?

Originally Posted by GMD1125 View Post
That is a logical explaination, but why can I still text message from the chat in my email account?

You can still use it if you are logged into gmail and presumably from the gtalk desktop client, but I haven't tried that. They are just rejecting from all third party apps which includes the programs on the tablet, desktop clients such as Pidgin, etc

Thanks so much for the help, I thought I did something to break it. Glad to know its not my fault.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Illinois
Here's a simpler way. get an aim account, get pidgen mobile messager for n810, and make a buddy in this format: +13456457890
the plus and 1 is necessary and i don't know if it works with non-us numbers.

Last edited by henrykins111; 2010-02-26 at 04:51.

Tags
how to, n810, sms, texting