It means that it requires not too much CPU (as peak CPU speed is 400MHz).

a2dp over GStreamer should be possible, just use the a2dp sink. I think that should be installed along with bluez-utils. Do check and see, I'll try to compile it for you if not.

I've wrote that a2dp sink plugins installed.
The question was how start gst-launch to play mp3 file via a2dp?

gst-inspect bluetooth
Plugin Details:
Name: bluetooth
Description: Bluetooth plugin library
Filename: /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstbluetooth.so
Version: 3.28
License: LGPL
Source module: bluez-utils
Binary package: BlueZ
Origin URL: http://www.bluez.org/

rtpsbcpay: RTP packet payloader
a2dpsink: Bluetooth A2DP sink
avdtpsink: Bluetooth AVDTP sink
sbcparse: Bluetooth SBC parser
sbcdec: Bluetooth SBC decoder
sbcenc: Bluetooth SBC encoder
bluetooth type: sbc

7 features:
+-- 6 elements
+-- 1 types

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by svs57 View Post
I've wrote that a2dp sink plugins installed.
The question was how start gst-launch to play mp3 file via a2dp?
You probably need a gstreamer plugin for mp3, which works both as sink and source.

Also sbc gstreamer plugin is very slow and has huge cpu overhead. I have not measured its performance on ARM11 yet, but on x86 using gstreamer to encode sbc audio file to file is about twice slower than using a standalone 'sbcenc' utility.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I've got these headphones: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1185267960408
and I have followed the instructions from the first post and everything seems to work. But I'm still not getting stereo audio. When I look at the headphones info on my n800, it says supported profiles: hfp, hsp but does not list a2dp. I also have not gotten the stereo audio to work with my bluetooth dongle on my pc. Are my headphones defective or am I missing something?
Bumping this post.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the link is no longer informative...

Sorry, here's a different link. I have the Insignia over-the -ear bluetooth headphones: http://www.insignia-products.com/pc-...nes-black.aspx

I finally got a2dp working. I had forgotten what stereo sounded like. I reset everything and tried again. I think my problem was I kept testing audio in kagu, and maybe a setting was wrong and it wasn't playing with mplayer. I tested audio in kmplayer, and it worked and now I've configured canola to play in stereo. So the fact that I had never heard stereo in the headphones before and my pc dongle wouldn't work and that kagu wasn't playing stereo made me wonder if the headphones were defective.

Looking back at what you said, I don't think the Nokia information dialog bothers to provide information on profiles that are not supported, so only hsp and hfp are shown no matter what.

Hello together,

first of all thanks for your work getting a2dp on the nokias.

i've a N800 quite a while and got now a Motorola DC800 bluetooth-audio bridge. Because the DC800 supports a2dp i tried to install the a2dp support on the N800. Installing has now sucessfully finished, but playing gives only garbage in my ears. ;-)

I tried the DC800 with my nokia E51. This works like a charme. So i know that the DC800 works.

The only way i get "Sound" over bluetooth is starting a2dp and mplayer on the console. But i only hear "grwwwwsssffffxxxx-pieeep". If i try mplayer (gui), mediabox or canola configured with the hints on this thread, i get only internal sound.

What can i do now and what do you need for helping?

Thanks a lot
Dado

Maybe try deleting the motorola profile on your n800, then pair again. Also I've found that the volume controls on my n800 does nothing for my bluetooth headphones. Only the volume buttons on my headphones can adjust the volume. So make sure the volume is high enough on your motorola. Another thing, do you have the latest version of mplayer?