Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Only via the API, chat SMS still works so the tablet usage should be fine. Whew!

Frank

I wish the cell phone companies would just give us dumb pipe plan and convert sms to an xmpp spec. maybe google will keep pushing

I'm waiting for everything to become bulk. I've already seen MetroPCS do that. Unlimited voice, data, and everything for just $50. If they start beating the **** out of the other carriers, you can bet that they'll start offering plans like that too. If Sprint started offering that (my carrier) then I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. Especially if they allow tethering.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Only via the API, chat SMS still works so the tablet usage should be fine. Whew!

Frank
Sorry, with all the different apps and things our little tablets can do, I sometimes find myself lost having overlooked/missed something. Are we able to send free text messages through gtalk via the n8xx rtcom? I'd only seen info about it through gmail/chat which doesnn't work with our browser.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post

Frank
Nope it is toast from rtcom, even from pidgin on desktop. I think they are purposefully limiting sms use to through their own web interface. bummer.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Yeah, darn. Well it was sweet while it lasted. Google's SMS doesn't work from my desktop client either. So at the moment, no more tablet SMS via Google.

Frank