Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jpj View Post
sherifnix 38 days, benny1967 63 days, add them together and get my 101 days. Who do you guys know to get such express line treatment? ;-)
Actually, I did get special treatment: I bought the 770 at a store that belongs to the company I work for, so I contacted the responsible product manager inhouse several times to complain. She seems to have found a way after a few weeks to make those repair guys speed up a bit. If I were a normal customer I'd probably still wait with no information whatsoever.

The product manager, btw, told me that she heard a lot of complaints like mine and they're about to cancel the contract "with this company". I don't know if she meant Nokia or maybe another company that handles the repairs for Nokia here.

Last edited by benny1967; 2007-05-09 at 11:43.

I just received my nokia 770 back from repair. It was in for the WSOD and they replaced the LCD display. It has a bit of a shadow on the right hand side now, but the display is much better than a white screen with vertical colored stripes! The unit was shipped to the Chanhassen, MN. Repair Center with the following turn around time.

05/17/2007 Shipped Repaired Original Phone 05/16/2007
05/14/2007 Repair in Progress
05/12/2007 Received 05/12/2007

I'm very pleased with their response and the unit is the same one I sent in. It was well packed (in a box) and looks as good as when I sent it to them.

Now I wish there was a way to avoid the WSOD all together for at least 4 more years of use... -Bill-

Originally Posted by bill322 View Post
I just received my nokia 770 back from repair. It was in for the WSOD and they replaced the LCD display. It has a bit of a shadow on the right hand side now, but the display is much better than a white screen with vertical colored stripes!
I had the same problem with my N810. the problem started on the right side as about 6 or 7 vertical lines. I sent it in last week, it got to them on the 12th...I hope that I will get it back by this wednesday or thursday. I'd only had it for a week before the problem came about so yea i was pretty pissed.