Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I found this charger and was wondering if it was the right size for the n800.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
yes, it says so in the reviews. Read the amazon reviews

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone said "expect it to take at least eight hours," which doesn't sound appealing to me.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I have such a USB-Nokia charger. I don't think that charging takes at least 8 hours, but it's certainly slower than with the original charger.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
The charging time is limited by the 500ma current from the computer's USB connector. The NIT chargers are more like 700ma to 800ma current.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
yes, it says so in the reviews. Read the amazon reviews
Yeah I saw that after I posted and was looking at it again.

Thanks for the info on charging time. I think this is just something that I would use at work. It is easier for me to just plug into a computer rather than try and find an outlet somewhere.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Someone said "expect it to take at least eight hours," which doesn't sound appealing to me.
As Den in USA wrote, the charging time with a USB adapter varies with the USB port used. In general, desktops provide more power via their USB ports than do notebooks, and powered USB hubs tend to be...pathetic.

While preparing for a trip last autumn, I decided not to carry a bag of wall warts for my gear. Instead, I purchased a USB charging cable for each device, and began testing USB hubs as universal power supplies. None of the hubs I had fared well, but Google suggested Dr. Bott's T7Hub. It comes with a (bulky) 3.5A power supply and supplies 500 mA min, 1250 mA max per port.

I don't recall how long it took to recharge my N810 via the T7Hub, but it was well under eight hours. I believe it was reasonably close to the charge time of the N810's AC adapter.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
WOW. i had no idea there could be such variation in current from one USB port to the next. i thought 500 mA was a/the standard that all computer USB ports follow (save for the ITs' hacked USB hosting support). is there any possibility of burning/breaking/blowing up a device when plugging into something with as much current as the T7Hub (3.5 A)?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by jmjanzen View Post
is there any possibility of burning/breaking/blowing up a device when plugging into something with as much current as the T7Hub (3.5 A)?
The T7Hub's power supply provides 3.5A to the hub. The hub provides less than that to each port.

And it didn't fry any of my gear: