Notices

Bundyo can you check the uri again I keep getting errors messages. TIA

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
AFAICS it's working:
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/sp...ptut080304.gif

Got it. Thanks for your help Bundyo . It was actually 'http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/sptut/%Y/sptut%y%m%d.gif ' if anyone else needs it.

Um, wasn't that what i first wrote? The last one was just a test if it will work.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
I love it.
Is there any way to set it up to download to local cache so one could read them w/o net connection?
PLEASE use the Wiki

It is downloading them to a local cache

in
/home/user/.buoh/cache

Probably you can use an image viewer to access them. Buoh doesn't reuse them between sessions.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
It is downloading them to a local cache

in
/home/user/.buoh/cache

Probably you can use an image viewer to access them. Buoh doesn't reuse them between sessions.
Nothing shows up there.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Hm, maybe I'm wrong, I'll check.

My ideal would be for it to download to media, then let me read them using the zoom buttons to go to the next strip in the list, say from BC to Beatle Bailey. Sort of like getting the paper.
PLEASE use the Wiki

This is still one of my favorite "fun" applications. Will there be any updates in the future?

One little (easy to implement?) chhange that I would find useful is to remap the d-pad... LEFT / RIGHT work great but perhaps UP / DOWN would be better if they moved you to the most current day of the previous/next strip in your list. Currently when viewing fullscreen now you have to keep toggling side bar/menu and scrollling/clicking) Really no reason to have button to go back to 'day 1' since you'd probably only use such a feature once. (A little clickable popup calendar might work better for jumping around archives.)

BTW, there seems to be two different version? of this same buoh release out there.... At some point when reinstalling, I picked up a copy somewhere (maemo.org?) but it didn't work right.... you could not hide list (dragging or using ESC button on n800) and there was no status bar. I tried agaiin using the .deb from 1st post in this thread and everything back to 'normal' now.... the 2 file names and version numbers were the same.

Edit: is the local cache supposed to be deleting itself after each session? Mine doesn't seem to be doing so... might cause trouble/confusion for users who don't know about hidden files/directories and how to delete the cached images.

Last edited by chrisak; 2009-03-20 at 01:25.

Tags
application, comics