Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If you are using vncviewer, then I suggest using the maemo vncviewer rather than x-forwarding vncviewer from another machine. That's gotta be terribly painful!

You need ssh, vncviewer (from extras) and tsocks (from debfarm repository) on your tablet. Set up the /etc/tsocks.conf file as I describe in this post.

Tunnel into your Ubuntu machine with SSH, and forward port 3120 with a command something like:
Code:
ssh me@my.ubuntu.box -p 1234 -D 3120
then use tsocks to run the tablet's vncviewer as if you were on your ubuntu machine:
Code:
tsocks vncviewer localhost
I guarantee you will get a nicer experience that way. Most importantly, you will get right-click via hardware key and tap.

Last edited by qole; 2009-01-12 at 07:54. Reason: Wrong post link! Fixed now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Thanks qole. I'll give that a try during my next play session. Using the local VNC viewer, I'd at least be able to maximize the screen on my tablet and gain a few lines of viewable resolution.

edit
Just noticed your comment on speed. Truth be told forwarding the vncviewer from my Ubuntu machine, even over 3G, is quite usable.

Last edited by DarkWolfX; 2009-01-13 at 00:58.

Thanks qole ! Could you please tell how to right click ? which hardware key ?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
On the N800, you hold down the + key on the top of the tablet (to the right of the fullscreen button) and tap the stylus to get right-click in VNC.

Thanks !! It works in N810.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Boulder,CO
Originally Posted by bhaskar View Post
Thanks !! It works in N810.

bhaskar,

I have just ordered my n810 although primarily interested in being able to VPN then SSH2 to my Unix hosts I am also interested in getting a Citrix Client to work.

Did you have to do everything listed in the thread starters initial instructions or did it work out of the box?

Thanks

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Boulder,CO
Has anyone gone in through a CAG with an 810? I expect if you do this all you need is java running on the 810 and not the full Citrix client install.