Any chance of including a mems gyro to go along with the accelerometer? Thats what I get for looking around and assessing features missing from the Iphone and Storm...

Not sure of the size of the devices you are working with as the ones I have come across are in the neighborhood of a few mm. You likely have access to other tech the average layman does not. Just thought I would pose the question.

Also not sure of the tech used in the N810 touch screen but are you possibly thinking multi touch?

Originally Posted by toxic_d View Post
Any chance of including a mems gyro to go along with the accelerometer? Thats what I get for looking around and assessing features missing from the Iphone and Storm...

Not sure of the size of the devices you are working with as the ones I have come across are in the neighborhood of a few mm. You likely have access to other tech the average layman does not. Just thought I would pose the question.

Also not sure of the tech used in the N810 touch screen but are you possibly thinking multi touch?
The gyros are expensive, What would it be used for? The Tilt sensor is three axis.

If it is not available at DIGIKEY I do not use it because it will be hard to get but I do have overseas contacts for parts.

No not multi touch, more like tactile feedback but I would rather finish the development before I go into it too much. Right now getting the current features built in will be tricky.

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
If you make it, I'll try to make Xournal aware of its existance and rotate the note accordingly
Hey?? one of my favorite programs.
Send me a PM or email I would like to talk to you about Xournal.
Also take a look at the mintpad. It have features like shake and save, page turning by gesture after the page has been saved, a multipage view for several pages for instant access to notes based on the order they were created. Background and pen color changing on the fly so you can prioritize your notes and find them very quickly. Right gesture will give you a new note after the current one is saved. Auto hiding menus so the complete screen can be used for writing. The menu pops out if you touch a small tab on the left of the screen. There are also just UNDO and REDO command tabs on the far left of the screen.
Would you or can you do something like this?

I am not complaining just asking.

Are we going to see a update to Xournal for Diablo soon or did I miss it?

Auto rotation will be great.

Thanks for the great program. This program is why I purchased the N800 in the first place.

Many programs would be enhanced with a accelerometer.
One game in particular would be Numpty Physics but there are many uses.
The infrared would allow you to be able to emulate the very expensive home control panels with you N810 but have more features.
The infrared Receiver would allow for remote control of the tablet via a small remote if it is docked to a larger system or a headphone remote control if it is in your pocket.
The receive can also be used for 2 way infrared remote feedback.

Anyway it is up to the programmers I an just creating the hardware.

*sniff* Jeez, you guys are making my n800 feel inadequate. First you take away it's storage size benefit and now you'll be getting tilt sensors and all. I look forward to seeing what happens with this. (I myself am waiting on the n900 though..).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

As I'm not sure of the method you are using to interface with the N810 I am curious as to if you are using a digital acc or analog acc... Not that it really matters from the sw side, just a technical question I guess and a way to bump the post to the top.

Any progress?

Toxic_d

i havent heard anything about this mod, is this a dead project? i hope craves1 will make this happen

Originally Posted by jmenym24 View Post
i havent heard anything about this mod, is this a dead project? i hope craves1 will make this happen
It's not a dead project I am just busy with something else rigth now. I will have it soon. The main thing is to own one of the metal covers and adapters when I am done. Any one with the metal door and adapter will be able to use it. I am going to make this no matter what because it is a test for a bigger project I am working on.

Thanks

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by jmenym24 View Post
As with his previous project he just posts an update here every now and then. Keep this thread on your watch list (subscribe to it? ). I'm still interested, if not only because its just Plain Cool! I've also informed some developers about this project. But the main application would be the rotate applet (to make it auto-rotate, and to put auto-rotate off, because in bed you might not prefer it. It is not possible to put auto-rotate off in the iPhoneOS except with Cydia + 3rd party app; lets not make same mistake ).

thank u craves1 just inform us when it done so we can get one from u. i've been waiting for this project to be done thats y i post a message because its seems no one is posting or updating anything about this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmenym24 For This Useful Post:

Tags
32gb sd for n810, n810 sd memory mod, tilt sensor add on