My N810 reboots itself ca 1 minute after I turn it on.
I've tried reflashing, formating internal memory card and offline mode, but the device is still stuck in an endless reboot loop.
The device is usable until the reboot.
the reason listed in /proc/bootreason is sw_reset.

Any sugestions?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
You've tried removing the batteries for 10min too?

Yes. no luck...

Looks like the system is thinking a hardware button is pressed.

What if you try this: Power it on, then once it's booted into GUI, lock the device/screen. Will it still reboot then?

lock screen does not help. I can't figure out what the lock code is (default is supposed to be 12345 isn't it?) so I can't test that.

What is strange is that the device is perfectly useable for a couple of minutes and then the blue led lights up and the device reboots. So it looks like a software error, but if it was, reflashing should help. Shouldn't it?

Did you try flashing different firmwares (first diablo, latest chinook, etc.)?

only tried latest firmware, will try older one tomorrow.

how old is your battery???? i had a similar issue and bought oem battery frm amazon http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-BP-4L-St...reative=380797
and now all is well

it has the original battery, just under one year old, but the device has been unused for the past 6 months because of this problem.

i started having issues at about the 10month of usage

LiPo batteries should not be drained to zero and should be allowed to go to about 50% before recharging

my thought process in analyzing your problem is:

1) first fully charge battery
2) then reflash to the current OS using a fresh image
3) do not restore from a backup
this will help determine if it is hardware or software related if problem persists it is either the n810 or a battery issue- it is faster to buy a battery than to send in the n810 for repair . if it is the battery- all will be fixed if it isn't then send to nokia for warranty repair and you have a spare battery

4) if after reflashing it works aok then it is software related... add program after program individually until problem reappears.....