Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Hopefully we can do something with the page "Community Council" as I am not sure what I am supposed to take from it. Where is the Wiki page info? It seems like this should be the front end to the Council, stick the blogging off to the side. Who is the council? what is the council?, this is your first chance to introduce yourselves and there is nothing there.

I just think NEW or OLD people coming to maemO.org will not take much from the current page. Which is the first place to find out about the community council. You end up with a bunch of blog posts. I think it chould be setup more like the IRC page with some real info about the council

When I click "Bugs and Features" Its just a blank page
http://maemo.org/community/bugs_and_features/

I can't really file a bug telling you "I dont know what maemo communtiy council is" and if should be clear as the first introduction to "Community Council" on MaEmo.oRg.

------------------------------

Seriously though, I love the new site's look. Now lets just work on the some of the usability issues.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Now lets just work on the some of the usability issues.
Yes, addressing content is the plan.

When I click "Bugs and Features" Its just a blank page
Loads just fine here.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Loads just fine here.
I am running firefox 3.0.7 on centos 5.2

You right it works fine on my tablet and on IE7 and in konqueror

Any other firefox users having a problem? Mine is just a blank page

To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-04-23 at 18:50.

Any other firefox users having a problem? Mine is just a blank page
Try forcing it to re-fetch? May be bad cache.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Try forcing it to re-fetch? May be bad cache.
That did it. <shift> refresh

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I'm not expert but I think this means a proxy in between is sending wrong headers (or the webserver itself?) Probably your ISP or local proxy? I remember some problems with proxy or reverse proxy at maemo, at the time.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
'"maemo.org", though a proper noun, should be all lowercase.'

ManY newspaperS won'T leT yoU overthroW thE ruleS oF spellinG foR nO gooD reasoN.

Their style guides say to ignore attempts to grab attention by using freaky capitalization.

Proper nouns, after all, are capitalized for a reason, not because of the whim of some entity.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Proper nouns, after all, are capitalized for a reason, not because of the whim of some entity.
The point is to further differentiate it from the Maemo trademark.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
ManY newspaperS won'T leT yoU overthroW thE ruleS oF spellinG foR nO gooD reasoN.
Indeed, but then I wasn't writing advice to a New York Times columnist, I was offering a few points for consideration to a blogger. If Lord Raiden has a style guide for his site that directs him to write "maemo.org" as "Maemo.org", even just at the start of sentences, then bully for him. I have no problem with that. I was offering information, not looking for a fight.

At the same time, even the New York Times appears to have no problem disregarding proper capitalization of titles and body text when it comes to certain other trademarks. I blame e.e. cummings and bell hooks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: