Active Topics

Notices

Finally moved it to extras as 0.9.2-5. The copy&paste fix copied a bit too much, e.g. if applied on an opened .pls link it copied also all the links from this file.

Hope you like it.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Could KMPlayer coax Pandora.com to work on the tablet? Last.fm, Youtube and the others are nice add ons.

Frank

Pandora.com gives me:
Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.

So I don't know. Look at the Last.fm generator and try to adjust it (see a few post back in this thread how).

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I couldn't get the kmplayer flash player to load pandora's swf in less than 5 minutes (see flashpandora.zip). I did make a version that can be loaded in the browser (see web_pandora.zip). But it takes about a minute to load, prompts you about security (click OK) and then sucks ~70% of the cpu playing the songs. That will kill the battery too quickly. No matter, lastfm works fine.

Frank
Attached Files
File Type: zip flashpandora.zip (1.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: zip web_pandora.zip (1.0 KB, 97 views)

If it already uses lots of CPU in the browser, than it may be a little less in kmplayer but don't expect miracles.

The generator you've created btw. doesn't really adjust the output of the shell command. The argument, which is $1, is ignored.
Also the script itself if not echo'ing what you expect, because not all new lines start with 'echo' and between the start and end double quotes, you should use either single quotes or write a double quote as \".

New version 0.9.3-2 is now uploaded in extra. Nothing new, just a quality improvement and bug fixes release, downloader reports now an error if file could not be written or disk full, crash fix that happened when clicking a container only item in the active list, stopping flash playing could cause a hang the application and a few SMIL improvements.

Released v0.9.4 with a new generator for blip.tv.
Blip TV provides multiple links for search results. These links are listed with mimetype and file size in the playlist. For playback without saving, the lowest file size should be chosen. When saved first, a larger file may work well too.

When RSS feeds have media tags, like the "PodShow TV", KMPlayer presents the links like the blip.tv generator. Here too, the links point to files (and thus not meant for streaming). So saving files first will improve playback.

Finally, I changed the speed of finger scrolling in the playlist. Was much too fast when the list is large. Now it is one pixe move will scroll one pixel.

hello koos

I have a question about the playlist directory generator. I really lilke pointing to a folder and it making an instant playlist, but how do I save it so that kmplayer will play it later? I tried using the save function but it just makes a file with no extension. I tried adding a .m3u extnsion like my other playlists (that kmplayer plays flawlessly but were made from the oso media player) but no dice.

Also, is there a way to reorder a generated playlist? When I generate a directory list, it's not in any order, it starts in the middle of a directory instead of what is alphabetically/tag listed.

Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
but how do I save it so that kmplayer will play it later? I tried using the save function but it just makes a file with no extension. I tried adding a .m3u extnsion like my other playlists (that kmplayer plays flawlessly but were made from the oso media player) but no dice.
Hmm, yes the save/save as from the menu are orphaned long time ago. They save the playlist, not media files, but indeed kmplayer itself is not able to open them later.
I guess what kmplayer needs is a m3u export function instead. Thanks for mentioning this.
Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
Also, is there a way to reorder a generated playlist? When I generate a directory list, it's not in any order, it starts in the middle of a directory instead of what is alphabetically/tag listed.
Yes the order is in whatever 'find' finds files. I haven't tried it, but adding 'sort |' before 'sed' in /usr/share/applications/kmplayer/find-media.sh probably does what you want.

Okay done so, KMPlayer-0.9.5 has an export m3u and export XML, which was the save/save as before. Swapped these menu options with the generators menu, so generators are now easier accessible.
Some regressions w.r.t. 0.9.3 fixes for the youtube information page, the stars are back and so is the title.
Further more, the playlists retrieved via generators appear now faster. Also KMPlayer now uses less temporary memory when reading playlists.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post: