Notices

I'm getting the "could not find libhildonmm-1.0.so.1" too. I've noticed that the dependency in the theremin deb is on libhildonmm, and the app manager installs libhildonmm-2.0. The program is actually dependent upon the 1.0 version.
isn't that the problem?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
The tablet would not boot, so I reflashed. Not sure if this is related... Everything is super now.

Also, I used this app in a live performance in my band. It was epic. Thanks for making this app!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
MattZTexasu,

I have no idea why app manager wants to install libhildonmm-2.0 instead of 1.0. I tried installing the app on my freshly re-flashed n810 and it was successful, before that I installed and uninstalled the app many times on somewhat not freshly flashed device and it was OK too. I have never observed such behavior on my tablet. Regading dependencies in deb, it is maemo autobuilder who sets the actual dependaecies. In the 'control' file I have "Depends: ${shlibsepends}" and when autobuilder builds the package it substitutes the correct dependencies. Maybe there's some error in autobuilder environment so it puts incorrect dependency, but then the question is why I do not see that problem too. On the other hand, it would be nice to resolve this problem since not only you have it, but, unfortunately, I can't investigate it since I can't reproduce it.

Thesandlord,

thank you!
I'm really interested in knowing what this app can do in skilful musician's hands and now you tell that you were using it in live performance in a band. That's cool!

Last edited by igagis; 2009-05-10 at 15:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to igagis For This Useful Post:
I am pretty sure that one of the catalogs I have enabled has the 2.0 version of libhildonmm. I don't know how to tell which one it is. I would disable it and install theremin.

It seems to me that the right thing to do is to correct your deb so that it specifies the correct version (instead of specifying a versionless dependency.) That way, when the libhildonmm package gets updated to version 2.0 in the catalogs you're using, you won't have to change anything. Application manager will still pull down the 1.0 version specified in your deb.

I tried to search for the exact steps you should take; but I was unsuccessful. I didn't know what the maemo auto-builder is. It's a service that runs on maemo.org and builds your package when you want to push to the extras repo? Well, i couldn't find any information on how to add a specific dependency.

How does autobuilder know what libraries your program depends on? There's got to be a way give it a specific version.

MattZTexasu,

I did some investigation and here's what I found:

Current version of libhildomm package is libhildonmm-2.0.2-0 and it is in extras repository. On my tablet I have libhildonmm-2.0.2-0 installed, not 1.0.
But, although the package version is 2 it still contains the '.so' file which is named 1.0, on my tablet the file is libhildonmm-1.0.so.2.

So, we can see that it is still not libhildonmm-1.0.so.1 which is said to be missing on your tablet. And this is the question: why it looks for so.1 instead of so.2 when you installing it on your tablet.

Let's try to investigate it. First, could you check your /usr/lib on your tablet and see what libhildonmm* files you have there?

ls -l /usr/lib/libhildonmm*

For example here is the output from my tablet:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Apr 29 04:43 /usr/lib/libhildonmm-1.0.so.2 -> libhildonmm-1.0.so.2.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 270972 Sep 29 2008 /usr/lib/libhildonmm-1.0.so.2.0.0

You can also contact me via Google Talk (chat only): igagis@gmail.com
Maybe it will help us resolve the problem faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to igagis For This Useful Post:
I'm just posting what I found while I was chatting with you in case other people run into the same issue.
execute this as root
Code:
cp /usr/lib/libhildonmm-1.0.so.2 /usr/lib/libhildonmm-1.0.so.1
This just copies the file that we do have to the file that theremin is looking for.

I don't know why or how. but it does fix the problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
New version of Theremin has been released and available in Diablo extras repository, version number is 1.4.0-4.

New features:
- 2 new instrument voices: Trombone and Clarinet
- "Listen others" feature which allows listening what other people currently play.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to igagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by igagis View Post
New version of Theremin has been released and available in Diablo extras repository, version number is 1.4.0-4.

New features:
- 2 new instrument voices: Trombone and Clarinet
- "Listen others" feature which allows listening what other people currently play.

Way cool...

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
One day, this has to work with the proximity sensor on n900!

(And while i think of this, canola2 should also use that as a volume meter and some such ... :P )

This is AWESOMEEEE

I felt so bad when I had to leave my keyboard when I moved overseas - I've almost got Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring down pat... I just wish my thumbs weren't so fat

By the way: I was just getting corrupted static out of the speakers until followed MattZTexasu's suggestion

Last edited by overfloat; 2009-10-02 at 06:22.