Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Durham, NC
I have noticed reboots of my tablet when i leave it to charge overnight recently. It might reboot several times, or it might not...more often than not if it is on the charger it will reboot at least once. Following some info from the developers mailing list, I have reviewed /proc/bootreason which indicates it was a software reset (sw_rst) and then reviewed /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets to determine that it seems to be related to bme_RX-44. Unfortunately, things break down for me there and I'm not sure what to check next. I haven't been able to relate it to any specific change that I made, since I charge almost exclusively overnight, so I'm not sure when it started happening.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am suffering the same problem with my N810. The problem started a couple of weeks ago.

Currently, I am testing different chargers, since I suspect the problem might be there (so far, the problem only occurs with a particular charger). Or in the battery itself.

Mine is also an N810. It probably would have helped to mention that. I had not considered the charger, since I'm seeing it with all three of my chargers (home, work, and travel). I've been looking around for a battery, but i haven't found one locally, so I haven't challenged that either. I thought it might be related to the Advanced-Power app except: 1) no one else is complaining and 2) I uninstalled it ~24 hours ago and I'm still having the problem.

I am not using (and I never did) Advance-Power app.

I reflashed my N810, installed all my usual applications (without restoring them) and after a couple of days the problem reappeared.

So far, I have only one charger (house) that makes the N810 reboot. I will continue testing with my car and office chargers. But if you have this problem with all of them, maybe the issue is in another place.

I noted also that the battery started to behave in a funny way: sometimes is empty in a couple of hours, I restart it while charging and the battery immediately says it's full. Also, the battery uses to be really hot while charging.

Last night it did not reboot, but after four hours of low use the battery says the remaining charge is 5 hours. Very little, from my experience.

If the chargers are not the reason, I will try with a new battery.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I had similar issues with my n800 about the time I installed flipclock and a python dependency (if that is the correct term). This pyhton process kept multiplying until there were so many instances that it would crash. It was an mmc boot so recreated it.

I do have flipclock installed.

Removing it solved the problem, mfortner?

i have flipclock installed as well. I'm not sure about the timeframe, but it has been recent for both of them.

It looks like you reformated, mfortner...did you try to just remove things first?

I do not remember either, buy it could be possible that the reboots started with the upgrade to the last version of flipclock. But it's strange that nobody else complained.

I removed flipclock and will continue testing.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Sorry guys I'm not sure what fixed it because I wanted to reformat the card into multiple bootable patitions anyway. Here is more on what I had:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28032

...but yeah try uninstalling of course first.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
My N810 would reboot while charging until i replaced the battery.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post: