Active Topics

Notices

VERY NICE KOOS. thank you for such a great player. The playlist generator feels very intuative and so far keeps the files in correct order (I'll try with a long list later).

Is there a way to add these playlist to the favorites list without having to do this (http://kmplayer.garage.maemo.org/playlist.html)? This way seems so overyly complicated and confusing and I never got it to work. Basically I just edit the prefs file but even that seems like an odd way to do things.

Using the edit feature of the playlist menu doesn't seem to save changes. Example, I select edit from the menu, change the name of the 3mu file that the favorite points to. I expect it to save what I just edited or have a "save changes" button but um... nothing. I return to the favorite and it's still the pre-edited state. Am I doing things wrong?

doh! I spoke too soon Koos. When it makes a playlist, it makes the listing from the middle of the directory.

Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
Is there a way to add these playlist to the favorites list without having to do this (http://kmplayer.garage.maemo.org/playlist.html)? This way seems so overyly complicated and confusing and I never got it to work. Basically I just edit the prefs file but even that seems like an odd way to do things.
Adding to favorites list is a matter of opening the .m3u file you saved before. Then select the top level entry (the one representing the whole file) and then Playlist|Copy from menu, go to the favorites list and select somewhere you would like to insert, and finally select Playlist|Paste.

The link mentioned a way to make a list appear at the same level as favorites and e.g. WorldTV99. There is no graphical user interface for yet.
Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
Using the edit feature of the playlist menu doesn't seem to save changes. Example, I select edit from the menu, change the name of the 3mu file that the favorite points to. I expect it to save what I just edited or have a "save changes" button but um... nothing. I return to the favorite and it's still the pre-edited state. Am I doing things wrong?
You have to press the button with the recycling arrows, it synchronizes the text with the tree on the left.
Be careful though, KMPlayer has no way to undo changes this way, so if you're changes make the XML invalid, you can loose links. Changes are saved on program exit, so you can make a backup of the /home/user/.kmplayer/playlist.xml file when you notice such a data loss.