I sat out the 770 after reading some of the inital issues plus I try to wait until the 2nd generation of an CE product.

I was at CES 2007 and saw the N800 at the Nokia booth and liked it. I had a chance to play with it. My only concern was will it do BT DUN well with my Treo 700p?

You dont know until you try. I went to local CompUSA yesterday and asked about the N800. The red shirt said "nope, dont have them yet", maybe 3-4 months! I said "what?", many are reporting online that they are buying them at CompUSAs across the USA." He said, "let me look".. he looks on the CompUSA online site and said "nope, not there"... I told him I know they arent there, I already looked..". So he googles a SKU for the N800, puts the SKU in his system.. and he says " hmmm... I have 3 of them", thats strange, I am full time here and I know what is going on here"... I said, well, live and learn...

Anyway, bought a N800 and a car charger. Took it home and it flawlessly connected to my home network... next I set up my Treo 700p with BT.. and to my delight (and surprise) it connected flawlessly and is VERY stable.. in fact, more stable then my BT connection from my Treo 700p to my new 17" MacBook Pro Core2duo!!

Even my wife was impressed with the N800!

The N800 is a home run for Nokia!! Good job!

Good deal, thanks for the report!

My Treo 650 and now my 700p work flawlessly with my 770 via BT DUN also.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Houston, TX
I have mine successfully connecting to a T-Mobile branded Motorola V360. No such luck, however, with a T-Mobile MDA II. The latter's not a surprise, though. I found several threads for the 770 complaining about the same problem. Too bad, though.

The more I use my N800, the more I like it. This is a very good second generation product!

I have been using it with my nokia 6682 on cingular edge and it works beautifuly. Very Useful product.

Worked straight away with k700i and Netcom (Norway) provider. Unlike my T3, which doesn't have that provider, and Palm doesn't update the phone link software (which, incidentally, works very similarly to how the N800 walked me through the settings during initial startup).

Do you have the Phone as a Modem plan or did you use a work around? Thanx.

Originally Posted by sholloway View Post
Do you have the Phone as a Modem plan or did you use a work around? Thanx.
I have the PAM plan. I also have now the 755p and no issues with it as well.

I have a work around working with my laptop but cannot get it to Bluetooth with the n800. If I get the PAM does it just hook up easily? Right now I could use "easily". Hours of messing with the work arounds are getting old. Is the N800 dialing a dialup number or is it just making a BT connection to the phone and that connection knows to dial? I don't know if that makes sense. Thanx.