Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, for my n800 I bought 2 sido batteries with desktop charger from ebay, IIRC the total amount was around $10.
I get 2 hours out of each of them, but I never got more than 2 hours from the original nokia battery, so I'd buy a couple more but I'm pretty sure my n800 will break (again) within the next year, so I won't.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I managed to find some higher-quality batteries for my N800 and as a result I longer use the original Nokia battery because the replacements are clearly better quality. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got them -- they were claimed to be higher capacity, and it seems obvious to me that they ARE higher capacity.

I don't have a replacement for my N810 battery yet.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You're putting yourself at risk with these knock-offs. BIG risk. Many lack overcharging protection.

If you wake up one morning to find smoke coming from your exploded N810, don't blame Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
If you wake up one morning to find smoke coming from your exploded N810, don't blame Nokia.
rats! I blame!

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You're putting yourself at risk with these knock-offs. BIG risk. Many lack overcharging protection.

golden rule:

charge cheapo batteries in ext charger, original in the nit!

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
golden rule:

charge cheapo batteries in ext charger, original in the nit!
The batteries might be crap, but the charger I bought with a knockoff battery has been working fine for the last year and a half taking care of two original nokia batteries and one mugen and charging them to full levels without any issues.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I think the Mugens are safe enough.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Typically, people are paying around $200 for their tablets. A certain amount of risk is worth taking. Do the math. how many people have reported smoke coming our of their tablets due to anything, let alone bad batteries, in the entire history of this and the ITT sites? Zero.

So, what are the odds that this event that is feared so much will happen to you? Probably very low. Worst case scenario is probably that you will lose your tablet and the $200 you paid for it.

That will probably happen to one of every 100,000 tablet buyers, I would guess, if that. It has been estimated that a million tablets have been bought, and I have heard zero reports of this happening, so one in 100,000 probably exaggerates the risk.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by geneven View Post

That will probably happen to one of every 100,000 tablet buyers, I would guess, if that. It has been estimated that a million tablets have been bought, and I have heard zero reports of this happening, so one in 100,000 probably exaggerates the risk.
<knocks on wood>

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
...how many people have reported smoke coming our of their tablets due to anything...in the entire history of this and the ITT sites? Zero.
Out of my tablet, no. Out of a cheap, knock-off, tablet charging cable from DealExtreme, yes.