Active Topics

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is there any way to refresh the filemanager so that the shared folder shows up? Its not showing up in the filemanager so I cant access my shared folders cause the tab isnt even showing up. Any ideas?

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
A couple of apps (that can open files) on my N810 showed shared folders even when the file manager did not.
IIRC maemopad+ was one.
Possibly some doc or image viewer does the same.
( Can't test now, no computer available.)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
This is definitely a buggy area, see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3804 , and I don't expect any fixes as this functionality seems to have been dropped for Fremantle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
If browsing windows shares is truly dropped, as it is looking like it is, I wont be getting the N900.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
If browsing windows shares is truly dropped, as it is looking like it is, I wont be getting the N900.
You and me both.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Maemo file manager has always been... less than ideal. Some have used much stronger negative language to describe it.

Don't worry. I guarantee someone will release a good file manager for the N900 with this functionality. There's a raft of good file managers out there that can handle all types of file shares, but they're just too big and heavy for the current generation of tablets. The N900 should be able to run them much better.

I'm personally looking forward to trying out full-blown Nautilus (the Gnome file manager) on the N900; I've got high hopes!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: