Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
If it's at a facility only 3 hours away, maybe it will come tomorrow
And pigs may be flying over a frozen hell.....

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Oh...a new update:

SAN PABLO, CA, US: 06/11/2009 3:04PM, Arrival Scan

I could literally drive there in 2-3 hours...but it's still not scheduled for delivery until this coming monday (6/15)!!! AArrgghhh!!!! The pain!!!!
Are you in San Jose? I can let you borrow mine to play with!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
Are you in San Jose? I can let you borrow mine to play with!
Lol yes I am - but I want my OWN! lol (But thanks for the offer though ).

Maybe we need to plan a N810 play-date if we got some South Bay users

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Lol yes I am - but I want my OWN! lol (But thanks for the offer though ).

Maybe we need to plan a N810 play-date if we got some South Bay users
I'm SO glad I'm in Chicago

Latest update:

SAN JOSE, CA, US 06/15/2009 5:03 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Dunno if this will fit as consolation (it usually doesn't, but it doesn't hurt trying )

I live in Brazil and they were selling the N800 for BRL 400 for a short while. In Big Mac terms, it would be like they were selling it for $99.

Some people waited 35 DAYS for theirs to arrive.

Some people got a defective unit delivered after those same 35 days.

More than two months waiting, and nothing

Anyways, in the US things shouldn't be so bad. You'll forget all about the tension ur feeling when u have the little beast on your hands

You're right.....

Now I'm mostly whining for buying a used-like-new for $190 when buy.com is selling brand new ones for $179

Then again, one thing about technology and prices I've come to learn is that you can't win them all
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

You're right.....
Then again, one thing about technology and prices I've come to learn is that you can't win them all
or even most of them

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
You're right.....

Now I'm mostly whining for buying a used-like-new for $190 when buy.com is selling brand new ones for $179

I bought my spared one not too long ago from buy.com 200+tax+shipping (~230)!
I would not sell it back with that price even!

I've had the n800 for a while, then saw that the n810 was down to 199 on buy.com. But I knew I couldn't stand the wait (I was planning a trip to the city that weekend, and needed the "daytime readable" display & gps). So I drove down to TigerDirect and over-paid by $30 or so just to get it the instant I laid down money. Long story short, the display works about as I expected (great depending on the angle of the sun, terrible during overcast conditions), and the GPS seems to be giving me the same problems everyone else was having -- 2 hours trying to get a fix, no dice. Other times it works great. Seems to get a fix fairly quickly sitting on the dash of my car, but when out hiking (clear sky) it never gets a fix.

It's funny, how I can sit on a purchase decision for months at a time, but as soon as I fork over my credit card info I want it NOW.