My Nokia's internal 2 gigs of memory and 8 gig card do not show up. I already checked the post by speednut. That is not the problem. My problem is that is simply does not show up, so I cannot reformat. Also if i plug it in via usb it says cannot connect because there is no internal memory card. Please help...

Maybe someone else will have a better idea, but to me it sounds like a hardware problem of your N810, unfortunately. Did you try the reflash procedure btw? If that fails too then that would be another hint (or nail in the coffin, as it were)

I'll reflash it as soon as I get home. I'll let you know if that works.

I just got my new N810 today, and I am having the SAME issue. I bought it online as there are no retailers who carry it anywhere within driving distance of me, and I DON'T want to send it back and wait to get a replacement, so if there is a way to fix this I would LOVE to know it. I lost the internal memory as well as the card reader -- and it happened while I was downloading the maps. I had left it downloading, and when I came back, it was frozen. I rebooted, and both the internal and external were gone. I can't connect to my computer either so to get documents and stuff on my N810 I have to email it to myself and get my mail on the N810. And I did reflash and it didn't help at all.

Last edited by jamesburke; 2009-05-28 at 02:59. Reason: more information

I'm having the same problem. I reflashed the piece of junk, but to no avail. This morning, the GPS receiver stopped working as well. Without the virtual memory, it just doesn't perform very well.

This forum seems stumped. I guess it's a hardware problem.

I sent mine back and got a brand new one -- after one day of use, SAME PROBLEM!!!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Derby UK
I had this problem after an upgrade and the solution was to regress to a previous version and then to re-flash again to the latest one. Re-flashing to the same version didn't fix it.

Also remember that if you have USB connected, (the direct cable not the OTG adapter dongle) then the memory cards don't show until the USB cable is disconnected.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Paul_dby View Post
Also remember that if you have USB connected, (the direct cable not the OTG adapter dongle) then the memory cards don't show until the USB cable is disconnected.
Yeah... Also see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4002 and feel free to vote for it in Bugzilla if you are confused by it.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by kommie178 View Post
My Nokia's internal 2 gigs of memory and 8 gig card do not show up.
I've been having the same problem for a couple weeks now, and I finally figured out what was causing it -- it's actually a pretty simple fix.

Rebooting would generally fix the problem, so that's what I've been doing for weeks now. There have been days I've rebooted several times.

How I found it:
Today, after unsuccessfully trying to connect via USB, I shut the n810 down, and tried to pull out my flash card. Normally, to remove the external flash card, I push the card in, then the spring pops it out. This time it wouldn't pop out.
I poked around, and finally got it to remove, then carefully pushed it back it. The spring engaged this time and it seated properly.

Root Cause:
The external (micro SD card in a mini SD-converter) card had been unseated for some time. Due to the design of the slot, the door, which is normally held closed by its own latch, and double-latched by the stand, mostly holds the card in place, even when it's not seated properly.

That means it works most of the time, but is subject to shifting when it's jostled. I fixed mine (at least temporarily) by removing and then carefully reinserting the SD card so that it seated properly. I don't yet know whether I had inserted it improperly in the first place, or whether it worked itself loose during normal usage. I'll pay attention, and post updates to this thread if I find out anything useful.

It's working for now - I'll have to see whether the fix holds up, but I'm pretty confident this is what's been causing my problems.

I think the card slot is poorly designed, but now that I understand what's happening, I'll be able to fix it faster next time.

I hope this helps you all who are having similar problems.

David

The Following User Says Thank You to dbowden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Did this work for those who've posted about the problem? I'm very interested, because Buy.com is now listing N810's for $179 and I'm thinking seriously about getting one to supplement my N800 addiction.

Thanks
DF

Originally Posted by dbowden View Post
I've been having the same problem for a couple weeks now, and I finally figured out what was causing it -- it's actually a pretty simple fix.

Rebooting would generally fix the problem, so that's what I've been doing for weeks now. There have been days I've rebooted several times.

How I found it:
Today, after unsuccessfully trying to connect via USB, I shut the n810 down, and tried to pull out my flash card. Normally, to remove the external flash card, I push the card in, then the spring pops it out. This time it wouldn't pop out.
I poked around, and finally got it to remove, then carefully pushed it back it. The spring engaged this time and it seated properly.

Root Cause:
The external (micro SD card in a mini SD-converter) card had been unseated for some time. Due to the design of the slot, the door, which is normally held closed by its own latch, and double-latched by the stand, mostly holds the card in place, even when it's not seated properly.

That means it works most of the time, but is subject to shifting when it's jostled. I fixed mine (at least temporarily) by removing and then carefully reinserting the SD card so that it seated properly. I don't yet know whether I had inserted it improperly in the first place, or whether it worked itself loose during normal usage. I'll pay attention, and post updates to this thread if I find out anything useful.

It's working for now - I'll have to see whether the fix holds up, but I'm pretty confident this is what's been causing my problems.

I think the card slot is poorly designed, but now that I understand what's happening, I'll be able to fix it faster next time.

I hope this helps you all who are having similar problems.

David
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

The Following User Says Thank You to DistantFire For This Useful Post: