Active Topics

Notices

An option to just left click to open a link in a new window would be nice.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
You want to open all links in new window? Anyway, I'm not sure if that can be done without heavy patches to libwebkit.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm not sure if maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to use Tear to replace microb as the default browser?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
not if you want apps like modest to open a link in tear...

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland

Tear on Mer on x86, using swfdec to view Youtube - coming soon to a Mer installation near you
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
I am loving this browser! It's faster than the built-in MicroB browser and I'm using it to post this now. Too bad it can't do tabs, but neither can MicroB. It'd be nice, but that would just be icing on top of icing on the cake. Thanks for providing this to us tablet folk!

@Stskeeps, looks nice. I should totally try out Mer soon...

Jesse

Have a couple of questions about Tear. Forgive me me if they were asked before:
- how to navigate to Home page? Is there a button/menu hidden somewhere?
- If I start to download a file, and then navigate away from that page, download process seems to stop in Download manager and cannot be resumed. So, how to download properly? Should I stay on that page and wait for download process to finish?
- is extra-devel the only place to get tear bookmarks add-on? I thought I saw it in old qole repository but it does not exist in the new one.

Thanks,
godd

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
- If you mean the dashboard - there's a menu item in the lower right menu.
- Yes, that's a problem, also if you try to download 2 files at the same time. WebKitGtk reuses its handles in libcurl, I'm planning to do downloading myself maybe with wget or libcurl again.

um lets see if i can answer some of this..

-the little ^ on the far right when clicked should show bookmarks and Dashboard links (dashboard = home page)
-never noticed this.. tho i haven't used downloading much.. i would suggest just opening another window with the + ... doesn't seem to effect browsing..
-no clue, i don't use the add-on..

side note, is there any way on getting ad-block to work with this... ie adding adblock rules to some .cs or w/e?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
- If you mean the dashboard - there's a menu item in the lower right menu.
No, not a dashboard, but the home_page in Options. Without bookmarks addon dashboard seems useless for me. BTW it would make sense to use one slot per site, not per page.
Again, tnanks for a greate program!

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit