Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Any takers on the above two questions?

You can join my "untouchable project" for tweaking the tablet to work without touch screen:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=28004

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Just wondering in this vast comunity of N810 users if there is anyone who can shed some light on the folowing 2 questions:

Is there any benefit to running an Debian or Ubuntu over Meamo? given my device wont have much of a touch screen.

How do you send WOL magic packets on a local network using Python? (or SSH)

Thanks,
Tim

Hey this problem happens alot with the N810. It's happening to mine right now. I plan on trying to fix it myself tomorrow since it's out of warranty. But many people just send it in to Nokia to get it fixed. Basically they just put a new display in. There's something wrong with them they crap out after a year or so. I think someone said Nokia charges $108 US to fix them. So there's the solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to crankin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
It sounds like you have a worse problem than I've had with my N800, but sometimes the touch screen just stops responding. If I hit the power button and choose to lock the device (all of which can be done with just hardware buttons), and then unlock it, the touch screen responds again.