Active Topics

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
2marce_245: It's possible to embed Street View content in the frame of any size, and 800x480 too (see attachment). But it's impossible to view fullscreen Street View from official maps pages. The solution could be easy if we'd have street view button on embedded maps, but that's not permitted by Google yet (correct me if i'm wrong).
Attached Images

Last edited by sashabe; 2008-04-17 at 21:29.

Well, you don't need stylish to use custom CSS. Just put it in ~/.mozilla/microb/chrome/userContent.css (for microb), or some similar place, I presume, for minefield, if you want to use that.

(userstyles.org is bandwidth exceeded just now, so I can't try it, but there shouldn't be much, if any, difference; just paste the file in.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Benson, thanks for the tip! Here's the code that should be in userContent.css, for now via google cache:
Code:
@-moz-document domain("maps.google.com"),domain("maps.google.de") {

.helplinks { 
  visibility:hidden !important; 
  overflow:hidden !important; 
  width:0px !important; 
  height:0px !important;
}
#map {
  position:fixed !important;
  left:-10px !important;
  top:0px !important;
  width:100% !important;
  height:100% !important;
}
input {
  -moz-opacity:0.5;
}
.ipt{
  padding-bottom: 2px;
  border-bottom: 0px !important;
}

}
Works great! and Street View window in 'fullscreen' is much bigger also. and much sloppier)
UPD: I enhanced this style a bit, read this post.

Last edited by sashabe; 2008-04-18 at 12:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to sashabe For This Useful Post:
I saw a video of the android platform and it has a viewer for the street view feature, something like that for the NIT would be awesome.
Guys, why would creating an external viewer for this panoramic pictures be ilegal?.

Hi. Did anybody notice that google added a button in the street view windows (upper righ corner) to go full screen?. But for some reason I haven't been able to use this feature with my n800. I tried with the default browser and with midori. Neither worked. Why is it not working??, does anybody know?....

I am happy with using Google street view, except that like in certain street view pictures, the images are blurry and not clear. And I do not like this when the images are like that. They have different street view cars with different generations of cameras on them. Some are 2nd generation street view cameras which are blurry and not too clear. But the best and newest street view cameras are the 4th generation ones. They are very sharp and clear. Now this is what most of the street view in the U.S. should have is clear nice sharp street view images. They mostly have nice, clear street view images in most countries and also mostly every street in New York City. But the images are blurry and not clear like in Connecticut or in Massachusetts. It is not good at all! You know what I am saying? Because they keep saying that they are going to drive all over again very soon to replace the blurry street view images and make clear, sharp images is what I really want. But they have not done this yet more some strange reason. Man, I really want them to do this for me. Like I love going to Rockport, MA or Plymouth by the water, and the street view images for here are all blury and not clear. It's really bad. Wel anyway, just let me know when they are going to replace the blurry old street view images with new, clear and sharp images which I really want. So just let me know what happens with this stuff because I would really like to know more about this info. And I also want them to add hiking trails on street view. Instead of street view, this can be called Trail View. So I would really appreciate it they can add some biking and hiking trails as well in Google street view. Someone also told me that they have a fleet of many bicycles with cameras mounted on them I guess that can go on the biking trails and paths. So they should really do this for me. Then I would feel really happy inside. Most of all, I live in West Hartford, CT and I really want the street view people to bring a few bikes with cameras on them to take some pictures of some trails in my hometown reservoir in West Hartford. Now this reservoir is located on Route 4, right near Farmington. Also, my other favorite park is Talcott Mountain State Park in Simsbury. I don't seem like there is a problem that the street view people can't take some camera bikes and take some pictures on the trail at the Talcott Mountain State park in Simsbury. But some of the trails are very steep and some go up hills. Well they do not have to go like on every trail if it is too hard for them. Just like the even trails are fine. Mostly, the trails here is the woods are dirt trails. And they have different colored blazes on the trees for each path route. It is so cool. So I am begging these street view people really much, if they can start adding some street view trails around these certain parks in Connecticut. And if they start doing this for me, then I will be a happy camper. Well sorry for this long message, but I am trying to make a point to you about this important stuff that they should fix and do for me on Google street view. So all right? Well thats all for now. So get back to me as possible and let me know if they are working on this stuff for me and other folks as well out there. So thanks a lot very much!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by marce_245 View Post
Hi. Did anybody notice that google added a button in the street view windows (upper righ corner) to go full screen? ... Neither worked. Why is it not working??, does anybody know?....
When I tried StreetView on my N900 today I got an error saying Flash 10.X needed

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You can get my streetview file from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=10 and tweak it to the window dimensions you like: just have a look at the source.
It doesn't need Flash.
Just let me know if you get new and interesting results

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: