Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Thanks Janne, upgrade went almost flawlessly. Would have been better experience if I didn't have most of my non-Apple apps in ~/Applications instead of /Applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Client is written in Vala so 2008he could be possible, but can't make any promises. Playback would probably be awfully slow though. Old Knots can be made to work on 2006/2007, I think I even have a package for it, but 770 really is a bit too slow for it to be enjoyable.
since os2005 i have been streaming video to 770 so I think speed may not be an issue. Please, give me a package for 770, Mika

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
since os2005 i have been streaming video to 770 so I think speed may not be an issue. Please, give me a package for 770, Mika
Follow the old Knots wiki page to install server first: http://wiki.maemo.org/Knots

I'll try to find the dependencies and the 770 package for you today. But I must warn you, it probably won't work that well.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Ok, I did little more Windows testing. I made a new server package that includes Ruby with working gems. It has been tested on three XP machines and it worked on all of them. So if you had problems getting it running in Windows, please test the new package. And if anyone with Vista could test it too, I'd really appreciate it. You can uninstall Ruby if you don't need it for anything else. Check the first post for the link. Thank you Mutu and qwerty12 for testing.

Compiled Knots for chinook, anyone with 2008he care to test if it runs/works?

I can give it a try but most propably have to reinstall he2008 as trying yesterday to correct the dependencies I lost web browser, application manager, control panel amongst other applications

For the rest, please open a command prompt (run -> cmd) and type a command ruby -v. If it prints out a version number of ruby, it should be correctly setup. If not, please uninstall Ruby and be sure to use the rc1 version, we had problems with rc2. If ruby was correctly setup, please run the following command (if knots is on c:\ root):
What problems with rc2 and not rc1?

=r

there seems to be some problem with mplayer, as the 2008 mplayer can not be installed, but some 770 version. The .24-version I use does not alow installation of libsoup2.2-8

Originally Posted by rogerdpack View Post
What problems with rc2 and not rc1?

=r
Ignore that, Ruby comes now bundled in the server package.

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
there seems to be some problem with mplayer, as the 2008 mplayer can not be installed, but some 770 version. The .24-version I use does not alow installation of libsoup2.2-8
libsoup is in extras. Become root and install it via commandline:

Code:
apt-get install libsoup2.2-8
Then client should install.

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video