Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sds910 View Post
Hey, Bundyo:
1. Thank you... profusely.
2. Is it just me, or does the update process overwrite one's userstyles.css file? If so, a warning to those who'll need to make a backup copy...
Completely forgot about that one.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
tear also need to have history and bookmarks build in. Not so much the history but the bookmarks definitely. I know there is bookmark app but, it be nice if it was build in. And I second the password thing.

One thing I miss in the new version is not having all bookmarks displayed when I pop up the main menu : as I have few enough, this has never been a problem for me, but I use them all the time, and the bookmarks submenu means an extra tap. Could it maybe be made optional... some day ? :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
/me votes for being able to save new bookmarks in the standard 'bookmarks' app, so that they are available to both browsers, microb and tear.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Am I the only one that is noticing that Tear takes up quite a bit of memory? Am I the only one who thinks this has a negative effect on battery life? I like tear but if it's going to suck battery I'm going to have to stop using it. I regularly have 3 out of 4 bars shaded when tear is active and now I get quite a few out of memory messages. I'm booted from an SD card.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Okay, 0.3.5 is out along with libwebkit 41137-13, check the front page for more info. Currently only on my site and garage, because Qole is nowhere to be seen. He will update later, so you can wait if you want
Bundyo Where is the thumb option?.. I don't see it or maybe i'm blind ..

Hmm, I think the update has also broken xiojason's script that lets Tear handle URL windows normally handled by MicroB (e.g. standard bookmarks folder handled by MicroB, Mauku links, etc..). Can anyone else confirm? I've tried a reboot also.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm, I think the update has also broken xiojason's script that lets Tear handle URL windows normally handled by MicroB (e.g. standard bookmarks folder handled by MicroB, Mauku links, etc..). Can anyone else confirm? I've tried a reboot also.
Confirmed. This is a big problem for my use of Tear

Glad the bug tracker site is working normally again! BTW, I'm in the process of updating the wiki page to reflect the new version.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Am I the only one that is noticing that Tear takes up quite a bit of memory? Am I the only one who thinks this has a negative effect on battery life? I like tear but if it's going to suck battery I'm going to have to stop using it. I regularly have 3 out of 4 bars shaded when tear is active and now I get quite a few out of memory messages. I'm booted from an SD card.
Are you sure it is tear and not your battery? Lithum batteries capacity declines over time whether you use them or not. Try switching out batteries and shutting down other non-useful apps. You don't need browserd when using tear right? So shut that down, boingo, anything else not needed.

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit