Active Topics

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Using an N810 on an Orange Livebox router (Inventel firmware v5.10.7-fr) issues a 'Connection error Retry ?' error. Using my laptop in bothWindows Vista and Kubuntu it connects and internet works normally, and there is no Mac address filtering on the router. Then I copied the WPA key (default 26 digit hexstring) to a file which I transferred over USB to the N810. I used it but it did not connect. Then I set up a specific internal address (adjacent to my laptop's):
IP: 192.168.1.175
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS : 192.168.1.1
(from /etc/resolv.conf on my laptop)
but same error.
My Nokia 5800 phone won't connect either.
Channel is 1 and Wifi g is used. Both my phone and N810 do list the SSID (Livebox-0228) in the wifi hotspot list, so the channel 1 and g only should not be the problem.

I have connected my N810 to soooo many Wifi hotspots all without any problems this is the first time.
Any ideas on this?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi,

Try using the connection manager creating a new connection and then in then try changing the advanced settings. Namely, turn power saving off. This sometimes causes problems with some wifi.

connection manager > tools > connection settings.. > Connections> new

Xopher_Mc

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher_mc For This Useful Post:
I recall having a similar problem at a couple of places, never had the time to investigate and thought it was something I was doing wrong. Common wisdom, though, has it that the Orange Livebox is an erratic piece of hardware (some would say piece of something else :-). Other "boxes" from French ISPs usually work fine.

Originally Posted by xopher_mc View Post
Hi,

Try using the connection manager creating a new connection and then in then try changing the advanced settings. Namely, turn power saving off. This sometimes causes problems with some wifi.

connection manager > tools > connection settings.. > Connections> new

Xopher_Mc
Nope .... same issue ... :-(

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Don't you have to push a button on the livebox before associating a new client?

No as I connected my laptop to the Livebox just by entering the WPA key and did not push any button.
I tried different Wifi channels (was on 1): 5 and 11, but nothing worked.
It seems an incompatability between the N810 and an Orange Livebox.
Any other ideas ?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
Have you tried assigning a manual ip address in the advanced settings? If the connection works after this then it is most likely a dhcp problem: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2464

I googled a bit (in French) and did not find reports of similar problems. I does seem however that a lot of N8x0 owners use them with their Liveboxes, so it's definitely not impossible...