What about the thickness of the device did you feel like your holding a small but fat stapler? I think my N810 is too heavy and it requires two hands, could you use this device to surf with one hand (so you can steer your car on the freeway with the other?)

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I can understand this since dedicated GPS units now sell so cheap that if you need a GPS navigation you likely buy a dedicated GPS unit for this anyway... Just my 2 c about this subject.
I could say the same thing about phones.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lbt View Post

No evidence of multi-touch at all.
Well, I thought it will have multi-touch. Maybe the final model will have.

Does the SDK have multitouch?

At least that is an indicator if the device itself (the hardware) will have (one day) multitouch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Architengi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Architengi View Post
Well, I thought it will have multi-touch. Maybe the final model will have.

At least that is an indicator if the device itself (the hardware) will have (one day) multitouch.
Highly unlikely for the n900, but i expect future hardware to support multi-touch judging by the way peter@meamo responded to a similar question.

Originally Posted by Architengi View Post
Not quite, but the HIG mentions "two-touch". This probably won't work in the SDK unless you have a touchscreen.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
I'm here in Copenhagen, DK at the the Maemo/Mozilla Danish weekend ( http://wiki.maemo.org/Mozilla_Maemo_Danish_Weekend ). It's been great to get together with some of the other Maemo/Mer people and talk face to face, but that's a story for another post.

Yesterday, Nokia actually brought out ten of the devices that the Nokia developers are using to test Maemo 5 on. They were in big black plastic cases and obviously weren't production hardware, so don't get all excited about what this means in terms of the RX-51 or even the RX-71.
Those of you who got to see this development unit back then:

If you compare it to the photos we saw recently, what do you say? Is it similar in terms of keyboard layout, hardware buttons, overall look&feel? Or do you remember differences?