Active Topics

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
Me too, I want to decorate my own device! It looks like I'm going to have to remove my Rainbow Bright & Barney stickers and place them on my device and "make it mine" hehe.
i think i'll make a my little pony theme for my device, complete with pink buttons. then put an etching of she-ra or possibly robotech on the back cover. it'll be SWEET

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Well, for a uniqueness factor, etch the area behind the screen, so when you drop the keyboard down, there is your etching. I think that area is aluminum. Would be good if someone took it, too. You could use it as a method of retrieval... or proof of ownership.... and it will not be as easy to replace as the back-plate (for thieves)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
A nice futuristic mesh design wood be nice... but where do i get a cheap "laser" printer? :P

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by thorbo View Post
Well, for a uniqueness factor, etch the area behind the screen, so when you drop the keyboard down, there is your etching. I think that area is aluminum. Would be good if someone took it, too. You could use it as a method of retrieval... or proof of ownership.... and it will not be as easy to replace as the back-plate (for thieves)
But if someone messes up or if i wanted to sell it, the easy replacement of the backplate would be a big bonus...

The aluminium part is well suited to put a sticker there. It's well protected.
Actually, that's what i'm planning to do since it's unlikely that i'll be able to afford laser etching.

Still, I really like the idea of customizing the looks of (hopefully soon to be) my n900. That's why I'm brainstorming a bit and collecting input :-)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
A nice futuristic mesh design wood be nice... but where do i get a cheap "laser" printer?
If the battery door is plastic, you don't need a laser.

Oh, right. "Cheap." Hrm.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by thorbo View Post
Well, for a uniqueness factor, etch the area behind the screen, so when you drop the keyboard down, there is your etching.
Or, a slick vinyl label.

Tim

Originally Posted by aSIMULAtor View Post
i think i'll make a my little pony theme for my device, complete with pink buttons. then put an etching of she-ra or possibly robotech on the back cover. it'll be SWEET
I'd link to a picture I found on deviantart.com, but this is a family site, so just imagine slutty grown up rainbow brite saying a certain fruity candy slogan.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
Me too, I want to decorate my own device! It looks like I'm going to have to remove my Rainbow Bright & Barney stickers and place them on my device and "make it mine" hehe.
Originally Posted by aSIMULAtor View Post
Cut it out with the rainbows and unicorns, you two. The N900 is black. Black says, "I'm tough," "I'm hot," or "I'm cool," not "I love ponies!"

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I like pie.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
...not "I love ponies!"
"Real Men Love Unicorns" (NSFW)