Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
This is so frustrating. I'm going on a trip tomorrow and I'm going to use my n800 instead of a laptop. I might need to do some typing, so I made USB host mode adapter. I tested a flash drive, it worked. Then I tested 2 small and light keyboards, they don't work. Then I tested my heavy, bulky keyboard and it worked. The output for the small keyboards are 50 and 75 mA, but the output for the big, bulky keyboard is 100 mA! It just doesn't make any sense, I want a smaller keyboard that can fit in my backpack, is there any way to get the other two keyboards to work?

Last edited by blowfish23; 2009-10-01 at 04:06.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I don't know, possible a reboot would help. Or maybe they need some special drivers. What are the keyboards?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The reboot didn't help. The bulky keyboard and the 50 mA keyboard are simple Compaq ones that came with desktop computer. And the 75 mA also came with a desktop computer and it's a Dell.

Strange - but this was a problem I noticed with some early USB keyboards - they didn't comply 100% with a standard - how old are the keyboards?

That's another weird thing. The working keyboard is old - maybe 8 years. And the 2 non working keyboards are both really new.

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-3245WW-Wi...6557497&sr=8-1

I just use one of these and they work perfectly.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
My G15 gaming keyboard works. Dont exactly want to carry it around. lol

I'm more of a iGo man myself - slipping the kickstand underneath the part designed to hold the phone makes the whole thing into 1 solid unit - I often hold the thing in one hand and type with the other while standing up

I've tried a couple keyboards myself, and only a big clunky generic keyboard worked. I really wanted to use my Happy Hacking keyboard.
The one difference I've noticed is that the non-working keyboards have an internal usb hub (the HHKB actually has a couple of USB ports on the back). So this might be what is throwing things off -- the n810 isn't recognizing the hub built into these keyboards.

What is the output of dmesg after connecting a non-working keyboard?